Author Topic: Trump defends keeping classified docs in contentious exchange with Fox’s Baier by Brett Samuels  (Read 547 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump defends keeping classified docs in contentious exchange with Fox’s Baier
by Brett Samuels - 06/19/23 6:26 PM ET

Former President Donald Trump on Monday defended his retention of classified materials after leaving the White House, telling Fox News he did not have time to go through the boxes filled with the documents.

“Why not just hand them over then?” Fox anchor Bret Baier asked in Trump’s first interview since being arraigned last week on federal charges.

“Because I had boxes. I want to go through the boxes and get all my personal things out,” Trump responded. “I don’t want to hand that over to [the National Archives] yet. And I was very busy, as you’ve sort of seen.”

Baier noted that the Justice Department’s indictment laid out how Trump allegedly told an aide to move the boxes containing classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate while also telling his lawyers to indicate he was cooperating.

“Before I send boxes over, I have to take all of my things out,” Trump said from his club in Bedminster, N.J., where the interview was filmed. “These boxes were interspersed with all sorts of things, golf shirts, clothing, pants, shoes, there were many things.”

Asked if he was aware of Iran documents being among the items in the boxes, Trump said, “Not that I know of,” while claiming everything was declassified that he took with him.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4057556-trump-defends-keeping-classified-docs-in-contentious-exchange-with-foxs-baier/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

If this is what he’s going to say and do in his trial, he’s screwed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

Trump is better off hiding in his basement until the trial ends.  Are his attorneys going to argue that he was referring to newspaper clippings during his recorded conversation about "secret documents?"

Offline Kamaji

Trump is better off hiding in his basement until the trial ends.  Are his attorneys going to argue that he was referring to newspaper clippings during his recorded conversation about "secret documents?"

We all know that that is not going to happen.

Offline DB

Trump isn't going to have any attorneys if he keeps this up.

Offline berdie

Trump isn't going to have any attorneys if he keeps this up.

I'm pretty sure that I heard a loud, long string of expletives from current and future lawyers.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump defends keeping classified docs in contentious exchange with Fox’s Baier
by Brett Samuels - 06/19/23 6:26 PM ET

Former President Donald Trump on Monday defended his retention of classified materials after leaving the White House, telling Fox News he did not have time to go through the boxes filled with the documents.

“Why not just hand them over then?” Fox anchor Bret Baier asked in Trump’s first interview since being arraigned last week on federal charges.

“Because I had boxes. I want to go through the boxes and get all my personal things out,” Trump responded. “I don’t want to hand that over to [the National Archives] yet. And I was very busy, as you’ve sort of seen.”

Baier noted that the Justice Department’s indictment laid out how Trump allegedly told an aide to move the boxes containing classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate while also telling his lawyers to indicate he was cooperating.

“Before I send boxes over, I have to take all of my things out,” Trump said from his club in Bedminster, N.J., where the interview was filmed. “These boxes were interspersed with all sorts of things, golf shirts, clothing, pants, shoes, there were many things.”

Asked if he was aware of Iran documents being among the items in the boxes, Trump said, “Not that I know of,” while claiming everything was declassified that he took with him.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4057556-trump-defends-keeping-classified-docs-in-contentious-exchange-with-foxs-baier/

“These boxes were interspersed with all sorts of things, golf shirts, clothing, pants, shoes, there were many things."

As if 16 months isn't enough to have some minions go through some boxes and pull out any clothing....