Author Topic: GOP-led House to consider resolution banning schools from sheltering illegal immigrants  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOP-led House to consider resolution banning schools from sheltering illegal immigrants
House Resolution 461 says it is “condemning the use of elementary and secondary education facilities to provide shelter for aliens who are not admitted to the United States.”

By J.J. Brannock
Updated: June 19, 2023 - 11:47pm

The U.S. House of Representatives plans to take up legislation this week that would ban the use of public elementary and secondary schools as overflow housing for illegal immigrants, a practice some local governments have recently begun implementing.

The Committee on Education and the Workforce published the text for House Resolution 461 last week, titled “Condemning the use of elementary and secondary education facilities to provide shelter for aliens who are not admitted to the United States.”

The resolution’s sponsor, U.S. Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks, R-Iowa, wrote in the resolution that “school children in the United States should not bear the burden for the disastrous immigration policies of either the Biden administration or local leaders.”

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/house-consider-resolution-banning-schools-sheltering-illegal-immigrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If anything will slam the door on illegal immigration, this RESOLUTION is it.  Do Republicans know how to get things done on immigration or what? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson