Author Topic: Trump claims he didn’t show off secret Iran attack plan, says he actually rustled ‘newspaper article  (Read 193 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump claims he didn’t show off secret Iran attack plan, says he actually rustled ‘newspaper articles’ on tape

By Steven Nelson
June 19, 2023

WASHINGTON — Former President Donald Trump said Monday he never showed off a classified US military plan to attack Iran — saying “there wasn’t a document” despite his tape-recorded claim to have such a plan during a feud with General Mark Milley.

“There’s no document there. Those were newspaper articles. They were copies of articles and magazines. There was no document there,” Trump, 77, told Brett Baier of Fox News in an interview, pushing back on a key episode in the federal criminal case against him.

“That was a massive amount of papers and everything else talking about Iran and other things — and it may have been held up or may not, but that was not a document,” Trump also said.

“I didn’t have a document per se. There was nothing to declassify. These were newspaper stories, magazine stories and articles.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a document from Milley,” said the 2024 Republican presidential frontrunner, contradicting his own on-tape remarks.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/19/trump-claims-he-didnt-show-off-secret-iran-attack-plan-says-he-actually-rustled-newspaper-articles-on-tape/

Offline Kamaji