Author Topic: PETA skewered for claiming that people eat animals because of ‘supremacy’ beliefs  (Read 945 times)

Offline Kamaji

PETA skewered for claiming that people eat animals because of ‘supremacy’ beliefs

By Aubrie Spady, Fox News
June 19, 2023

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), the world’s largest animal advocacy organization, was grilled on Twitter for claiming that people eat animals because of their “supremacy.”

“Supremacy is at the root of why people think it’s okay to eat other animals,” the controversial group tweeted Saturday.

Meat lovers immediately began flooding the comment section with responses such as “let me ponder this as I eat my burger.”

“I will fully admit I am supreme to animals. Feels good to be able to eat 100% beef fed beef tonight,” one user wrote.

“So why do animals think it’s ok to eat other animals?” another user questioned.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/19/peta-skewered-for-claiming-that-people-eat-animals-because-of-supremacy/

Offline Kamaji

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Leftists destroy everything they touch. Look at education. - Dennis Prager

Tell me, what is so great about "inferiority"?  That would describe Leftists nicely.

The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline mountaineer

There once was a snake in our yard that thought itself superior to the robin's egg in the nest under the deck. So he ate it.  :shrug:
Yesterday, I considered myself superior to the Angus ground chuck hamburgers on the grill - so I ate one.
Right now, I'm about to consider myself superior to a cheese and pickle sandwich.

You know what might happen? Oh, the humanity!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Are we ready to stop taking PETA seriously yet?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline andy58-in-nh

"Skewered"   :silly:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 07:18:42 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline PeteS in CA

I dunno, I kinda like protein that also tastes good.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Meat doesn't make me fart.

Beans do.

I'm doing it for the planet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

We do eat more meat than we need. But we do need meat  as part of our diet.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
We do eat more meat than we need. But we do need meat  as part of our diet.

Medically, not true.  My brother and sister-in-law are vegans and never eat meat.  They are extremely healthy
and fit.  Tofu is a favorite of theirs, full of nutrition.  I think they may even drink milk.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Medically, not true.  My brother and sister-in-law are vegans and never eat meat.  They are extremely healthy
and fit.  Tofu is a favorite of theirs, full of nutrition.  I think they may even drink milk.

I have never seen a healthy looked vegan.  In fact, they look pasty white or jaundice yellow in color. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
My message to all about PETA?

Every dollar donated to these pukes is a dollar that could have been donated to local shelters that are terribly underfunded, unheralded, and underappreciated.  Please let anyone stupid enough to be duped by them this fact.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Every dollar donated to these pukes is a dollar that could have been donated to local shelters that are terribly underfunded, unheralded, and underappreciated.  Please let anyone stupid enough to be duped by them this fact.

Side note.  Always donate to your local shelter/humane society and not to the ASPCA. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/aspca-spending-donor-cbs-news-investigation/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Whenever Peta gets a pet turned in by people thinking Peta loves animals, Peta has those unfortunate pets killed.  Not one thin dime of Peta is used to actually help animals.  Peta is beneath any animals they deal with.

Peta has said having animals as pets is cruelty to animals.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 09:45:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I identify as a lion.
The Republic is lost.