Author Topic: Trump: I wanted to ‘get all my personal things out’ of classified doc boxes ‘and I was very busy’  (Read 216 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump: I wanted to ‘get all my personal things out’ of classified doc boxes ‘and I was very busy’

By Steven Nelson
June 19, 2023

WASHINGTON — Former President Donald Trump suggested Monday that he just didn’t have time to comply with a federal subpoena for his White House documents, claiming he needed to “go through the boxes and get all my personal things out … and I was very busy.”

Trump, 77, gave the bizarre explanation for hiding dozens of boxes containing classified papers to Fox News “Special Report” anchor Bret Baier in an interview six days after his arraignment on 37 federal criminal counts.

“Why not just hand them over [to the National Archives]?” Baier asked Trump.

“Because I had boxes. I want to go through the boxes and get all my personal things out. I don’t want to hand that over to NARA yet. And I was very busy as you’ve sort of seen,” Trump replied.

“Yeah, but according to the indictment, you then tell this aide [Walt Nauta] to move to other locations after telling your lawyers to say you’d fully complied with the subpoena when you hadn’t,” Baier pressed.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/19/trump-i-wanted-to-get-all-my-personal-things-out-of-classified-doc-boxes-and-i-was-very-busy/

Offline Kamaji

:mauslaff:

Did the dog eat your homework, too?