Author Topic: “In Climate Debate, Exaggeration Is a Pitfall” (NYT article revisited)  (Read 185 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“In Climate Debate, Exaggeration Is a Pitfall” (NYT article revisited)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- June 20, 2023

Ed Note: This week is the 35th anniversary of the exaggerated climate alarm, which began with James Hansen’s June 1988 testimony before the Senate. Meanwhile, far-too-many scientists remain quiet about the climate model problem and psuedo-scientific attribution studies, while the campaigners link all extreme weather events to mankind’s consumption and energy habits.

“In a paper being published in the March-April [2009] edition of the journal Environment, Matthew C. Nisbet … said Mr. Gore’s approach, focusing on language of crisis and catastrophe, could actually be serving the other side in the fight … ‘as global-warming alarmism….’” – Andrew Revkin, NYT (2009).

“There has to be a lot of shrillness taken out of our language. In the environmental community, we have to be more humble. We can’t take the attitude that we have all the answers.” – Fred Krupp, Environmental Defense Fund (2011).

https://www.masterresource.org/climate-exaggeration/in-climate-debate-exaggeration-is-a-pitfall-nyt-article-revisited/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson