Author Topic: Politco: Hospitals Turning into ‘Climate Change Fighting Machines’  (Read 389 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Politco: Hospitals Turning into ‘Climate Change Fighting Machines’ – Limiting water with ‘timers for operating room sinks’ – ‘More Earth-friendly drugs’ – Reducing ‘anesthetic gas’ – ‘Decarbonize U.S. health care’

Politico: The health sector is responsible for 8.5 percent of U.S. emissions of greenhouse gases including carbon dioxide, methane and ozone — an outsized impact compared to the rest of the world. (Globally, health care systems contribute roughly 4.6 percent of total greenhouse gas emissions.) Without huge new efforts, the U.S. will have trouble reaching its ambitious emissions reduction goals. ... The drive to reimagine anesthesia is part of a broader if belated effort to decarbonize U.S. health care, from the operating room to the cafeteria to the gardens and grounds. It’s a push spurred on by both medical professionals and Washington policymakers, who feel increased pressure to act amid the dangers of climate change and who acknowledge health care has been slow to engage on sustainability. ...

The Veterans Administration and the Indian Health Service, which deliver health care to millions of people across the country, have been directed to reduce emissions and energy use as part of the Biden White House’s overall government climate policy.

For the rest of the health care system, HHS unveiled a Climate Pledge on Earth Day 2022 to spur more action. ... About 116 health organizations, representing 872 hospitals as well as other health care sectors, have signed on. Along with the federal health systems, that represents about 15 percent of U.S. hospitals, HHS officials said.

#

‘Your Doctor will treat the climate first — & you will be happy’

Beware doctors who prioritize ‘sustainability’ over patient welfare – ‘Allowing people to suffer in the name of sustainability’

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotJune 19, 2023 7:53 A

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/06/19/politco-hospitals-turning-into-climate-change-fighting-machines-limiting-water-with-timers-for-operating-room-sinks-more-earth-friendly-drugs-reducing-anesthetic-gas-decarbo/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :banghead:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Beware doctors who prioritize ‘sustainability’ over patient welfare

https://www.thecentersquare.com/opinion/article_8c46b53c-0b90-11ee-960f-cb72e63a4fa4.html
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Another avenue of the Marxist deconstructionism and decivilization of our society.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

I’m glad I’m only looking at a few more years in this field

At least I’ll be able to say I worked in Hospitals when they were “disease, injury, and illness fighting machines”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy