Author Topic: Biden’s Fishy Plan To Remove The Power-Producing Snake River Dams  (Read 420 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY FAITH BOTTUM ON JUN 19, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden’s Fishy Plan To Remove The Power-Producing Snake River Dams

The Biden administration is committed to destroying four hydroelectric dams on the Snake River in southeastern Washington state.

Given the energy crisis in America—with two-thirds of the U.S. risking electricity outages this summer, including nearly everyone living west of the Mississippi, according to a recent warning from the North American Reliability Corp.—it’s a strange time to remove more than 3,000 megawatts of hourly capacity from the Western Interconnection electrical grid. [emphasis, links added]

Still, Mr. Biden announced on March 21 that he is determined to bring “healthy and abundant salmon runs back to the Colorado River system.”

He meant the Columbia River, but that error was the least of the problems with his announcement.

Environmentalists concerned about salmon spawning have wanted to undam the Snake River for decades.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/bidens-fishy-plan-to-remove-the-power-producing-snake-river-dams/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Biden’s Fishy Plan To Remove The Power-Producing Snake River Dams
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 07:22:21 pm »
The report’s claim of robust scientific support sits awkwardly alongside the authors’ admission that they can provide no “precise measures or quantitative estimates of the magnitude of biological benefit” from removing the dams.

They also confess that they have no evidence or authority to “supersede or modify existing analyses.”

None of this is about saving any fish. All Biden and his ites want is to drag us all back to the stone age.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 07:30:32 pm »
So when they talk about how much 'green energy' is powering America, what they don't tell you is that 40% of that is hydroelectric, which will never be allowed to be built again, and as shown here is attempting to be dismantled by the environuts.

That's how much of a scam 'green energy' really is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 07:40:49 pm »
So much for hydro ... ad it to the Green New Deal scrap pile with coal, nuclear, and natural gas.

Not only were those dams for hydro-electric power, but they were also use for flood control and reservoirs for irrigation.

When flood and famine revisit the Pacific Northwest, Greenies will blame Global Climate Change instead of Government policy.

I'm all for restoring as many fish runs as possible and within reason, but c'mon, don't forget the other reasons the BLM wanted to tame the Columbia River.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 10:00:38 pm »
RINO grunts:
"I'm all for restoring as many fish runs as possible and within reason, but c'mon, don't forget the other reasons the BLM wanted to tame the Columbia River"

Brings to mind this song (written by Woody Guthrie), performed by Bob Dylan and The Band at Carnegie Hall in 1968:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaEFdLtleiY
(can this really have been 55 years ago...?)

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 11:39:04 pm »
So when they talk about how much 'green energy' is powering America, what they don't tell you is that 40% of that is hydroelectric, which will never be allowed to be built again, and as shown here is attempting to be dismantled by the environuts.

That's how much of a scam 'green energy' really is.

:thumbsup: