Author Topic: FNC’s Hume: Trump’s Explanations for Why He Took Documents ‘Verge on Incoherent’  (Read 566 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FNC’s Hume: Trump’s Explanations for Why He Took Documents ‘Verge on Incoherent’

Pam Key 19 Jun 2023

Fox News chief political analyst Brit Hume said Monday on FNC’s “Special Report” that former President Donald Trump’s explanation for why he took government documents to his Mar-a-Lago estate “verge on incoherent.”

During an interview with anchor Bret Baier, Trump said, “That was a massive amount of papers and everything else talking about Iran and other things. And it may have been held up or made up, but that was not a document. I didn’t have a document per se. There was nothing to declassify. These were newspaper stories. Magazine stories and articles.”

After the interview aired, Hume said, “His answers on the matters of the law seem to me to verge on incoherent. He seemed to be saying that the documents were really his and that he didn’t give them back when he was requested to do when they were subpoenaed because, you know, he wasn’t ready to because he sorted them and separated the classified information or whatever from his golf shirts or whatever he was saying. It was not altogether clear what he was saying.”

He added, “But he seemed to believe that documents were his, that he had declassified them. Evidence to the contrary. And therefore, he, you know, he could do whatever he wanted with them, which I don’t think it’s going to hold up in court.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/19/fncs-hume-trumps-explanations-for-why-he-took-documents-verge-on-incoherent/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

Wasn't Brit suppose to be a Trumper this week? I get confused  :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Didn’t his lawyers tell him to STFU about this stuff?

Offline cato potatoe

The Bret Baier interview was atrocious.  He more or less confessed to obstruction, and then said he didn't return the Iran war plans because they were intermingled with clothing, so he didn't have time to sort through it all.  Then he deflected to Biden whatabouts.  Barr was correct, it's just like dealing with a 9 year old.