Author Topic: THE MYSTERY OF TUTANKHAMUN’S METEORIC IRON DAGGER  (Read 400 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
THE MYSTERY OF TUTANKHAMUN’S METEORIC IRON DAGGER
« on: June 19, 2023, 07:43:58 pm »
THE MYSTERY OF TUTANKHAMUN’S METEORIC IRON DAGGER

IN 1922, EGYPTIAN EXCAVATORS LED BY HOWARD CARTER DISCOVERED THE TOMB OF TUTANKHAMUN, AN EGYPTIAN PHARAOH WHO WAS THE LAST OF HIS ROYAL FAMILY TO RULE DURING THE END OF THE 18TH DYNASTY.

Located in the Valley of the Kings on the west bank of the Nile opposite Thebes (modern Luxor), the tomb, KV62, was buried in mounds of debris from the cutting of KV9 for Pharaoh Ramesses V over 150 years after Tutankhamun’s death.

The discovery caused a media frenzy, revealing 5,398 items that included: a solid gold coffin, face mask, thrones, archery bows, trumpets, a lotus chalice, two Imiut fetishes, gold toe stalls, furniture, food, wine, sandals and fresh linen underwear.

Among the artefacts were a set of iron blades that resemble the PeseshKaf, a tool used in the “opening of the mouth ceremony,” a ritual performed for the deceased to enable them to breath, speak, eat and drink in the afterlife.

One of these blades is an iron dagger with an ornamental golden sheath, expertly produced by an ancient metalsmith.

https://www.heritagedaily.com/2022/11/the-mystery-of-tutankhamuns-meteoric-iron-dagger/145104
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

Re: THE MYSTERY OF TUTANKHAMUN’S METEORIC IRON DAGGER
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 08:24:31 pm »
Not really much mystery. Meteoric Iron was highly valued... And have mystical ties, particularly to Asherah/Isis... Look up the history of the meteor that is the central focus of the Kaaba...