Author Topic: The Fed Has Rigged the Stock Markets to Crash  (Read 369 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Fed Has Rigged the Stock Markets to Crash
« on: June 19, 2023, 07:40:11 pm »
The Fed Has Rigged the Stock Markets to Crash
rigged market-fb

8 HOURS AGOMike Holly
The conditions have now aligned for a repeat of the major stock market crashes that have occurred since the founding of the US Federal Reserve Bank (Fed) in 1913. Considering their vast experience and resources, the Fed has to know that their plan to control inflation by raising interest rates rapidly and significantly since 2022, and also tightening credit this year, will likely result in another major crash. Although the Fed has issued vague warnings about the impending pain on the stock market and economy, they have not explained how and why they will again wipe out trillions of dollars of wealth of unsuspecting investors.

As Marty Zweig, a successful Wall Street investment adviser known for data studies, warned, “Don’t fight the Fed,” because the central bank largely controls the direction of the stock markets. Generally, the major stock market booms start with the Fed stimulating slow economic growth by lowering interest rates, often while the government increases deficit spending. As Austrian business cycle theory predicts, this results in asset price inflation (e.g., stocks, houses, etc.), and sometimes also consumer price inflation. The major busts result when the Fed seeks to control the inflation by raising interest rates significantly, while the government reduces deficit spending.

https://mises.org/wire/fed-has-rigged-stock-markets-crash
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: The Fed Has Rigged the Stock Markets to Crash
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 09:51:11 pm »
I could argue that date back to the early 1970's when we converted to a fiat currency.  But never underestimate the ability of the Fed, and our criminal legislators to take kicking the can down the road in perpetual fashion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 10:40:10 pm »
Ultimately yes, butt he PPT is doing everything it can to prop it up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 10:52:36 pm »
Stock market crashes were even worse before the Fed... let me remind everyone of that fact.

When the economy was on the gold standard, major crashes happened every couple of decades, most famously the Panic of 1893. The good news was that there was virtually zero inflation back then. Inflation was purposely introduced by left-wing demagogues who argued it would be good for the economy. That of course opened the doors to our modern welfare state.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024