Author Topic: Divinity schools push ‘queer Jesus’: report  (Read 661 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Divinity schools push ‘queer Jesus’: report
« on: June 19, 2023, 07:36:30 pm »
Divinity schools push ‘queer Jesus’: report
JUNE 16, 2023

Divinity schools across the country are pushing the concept of a “queer Jesus” and trying to incorporate homosexuality and transgenderism into theological training, according to a new report from RealClearInvestigations.

“Rather than merely settling for the acceptance of gender-nonconforming people within existing marital norms and social expectations, queer theology questions heterosexual assumptions and binary gender norms as limiting, oppressive and anti-biblical, and centers queerness as the redemptive message of Christianity,” RCI reported.

The report provides numerous examples, including Duke University’s divinity school where “future religious leaders conduct a Pride worship service in which they glorify the Great Queer One, Fluid and Ever-Becoming One. The service leads off with a prayer honoring God as queerness incarnate: ‘You are drag queen and transman and genderfluid, incapable of limiting your vast expression of beauty,'” RCI reported.

“Queer theology” continues to flourish, despite its incompatibility with the Bible.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/bulletin-board/divinity-schools-push-queer-jesus-report/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Divinity schools push ‘queer Jesus’: report
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 07:37:47 pm »
:facepalm2:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 07:42:26 pm »
The Great Apostasy
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 07:47:18 pm »
This has been going on for the past few decades. There is a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) college in our former town, and a student told Mr. M that his religion professor taught the class that when Jesus washed the disciples' feet, it was a euphemism for they all had gay sex. This was in the late 1990s.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 09:05:28 pm »
Profs at Harvard, Wake Forest, and Duke Divinity School probably know more of what they do not believe in the Bible than they do that is in the Bible. Most of the crazy stuff that comes from "churches" is from uber-Prog denominations like the United Church of Christ, the United Methodist Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the US Episcopalian Church, and the Unitarian-Universalists. These denominations get some of their clergy from the likes of the Divinity Schools mentioned in the article. These denominations have been leaking people and congregations for several decades.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2023, 10:18:19 pm »
Several years ago, I was on the pastoral search committee at our PCUSA church after our wonderful, Bible-preaching, conservative pastor left to live closer to his ailing parents in the midwest. You wouldn't not believe the losers and whackjobs the denomination tried to foist on us. I did a little doxxing (so to speak, really just googling) to find out more about a candidate than his or her resume said. I found one guy's gay dating profile, for example. Several were openly homosexual. Nearly every one espoused redistribution of wealth, none seemed to believe the Bible was authoritative or even a little bit true, and not a single one would have been suitable for our small town congregation. We ended up joining a church of a different denomination before a new pastor was found.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2023, 04:00:02 am »
Several years ago, I was on the pastoral search committee at our PCUSA church after our wonderful, Bible-preaching, conservative pastor left to live closer to his ailing parents in the midwest.

We left the PCUSA when their Western synod burned sage ceremonially as an opening action.

Glad we did.

Mamma's still going to the Presby OPC that came next. The local PCUSA  is getting mighty old... dying on the vine. a bunch left there hanging on.

The OPC is looking for property. They have grown exponentially, chocked full to overflowing with plenty of elders, but many, many young families. They are bursting at the seams.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 04:00:59 am by roamer_1 »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 04:05:35 am »
We're in an EPC church now, and very happy.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 04:36:46 am »
Now days you have to just go out and find a good church no matter its title. Some of the Baptist churches are falling victim to wokeness.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 06:10:55 am »
Now days you have to just go out and find a good church no matter its title. Some of the Baptist churches are falling victim to wokeness.

Then folks wonder why I am Messianic.  :laugh:

S'alright... Those that step away from the blood of the covenant die on the vine. Seen it over and over again.