Author Topic: White Liberals In Left-Wing Oakland Beg City to Take Action Against Black Crime  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
White Liberals In Left-Wing Oakland Beg City to Take Action Against Black Crime
ERIC STRIKER • JUNE 2, 2023 • 600 WORDS • 12 COMMENTS • REPLY

Close to 500 citizens in the notoriously left-wing Bay Area city of Oakland turned out last Tuesday to demand action from City Council member Dan Kalb, a Jewish opponent of enforcing laws against black people, in response to an ongoing surge of black violence. The crowd was uniformly white, even though whites are only 33% of the city.

The event coincides with the anniversary of the Black Lives Matter riots of 2020, which institutionalized the notion that arresting people for committing crimes is racist against black men. Politicians across every level government, federal and local, embraced this idea and went on to disempower the police and make it extremely difficult to jail black offenders.

Oakland has pioneered several alternative policing programs criminal justice reform advocates support, such as sending teams of mental health experts to respond to 911 calls. Kentrell Killens, the interim chief of this “violence prevention” department, told the crowd of crime victims that those killing, mugging and raping them and their families are coming from a place of “hurt”, which provoked furious booing in response.

https://www.unz.com/estriker/white-liberals-in-left-wing-oakland-beg-city-to-take-action-against-black-crime/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

You get what you vote for.