Author Topic: There Are Some Serious Problems With These Polls Right Now  (Read 6162 times)

Online corbe

Re: There Are Some Serious Problems With These Polls Right Now
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2023, 09:15:51 pm »
    @Sighlass I definitely see a pattern developing here.

Cruz lost me when he allowed the Bush nose under his administration tent.

He was FOR Cruz until the Trumpers convinced him Bush was pulling his strings. 
    HE would be FOR DeSantis except the same dam people convinced him that the Govenor always carries a switchblade AND knows how to use it.

@sneakypete has Conservative bones in his body though IMHO it gets too cold up there for him to feel his bones, at times. 

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2023, 09:49:14 pm »
What I have been saying.  People change their minds when they get new information.  I know you don't need me to defend you, but I think the point was made in dredging up your old posts from 7 years ago, and I would be happy if it were to stop now.

@Cyber Liberty

To me,it reeks of desperation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2023, 10:22:19 pm »
What I have been saying.  People change their minds when they get new information.  I know you don't need me to defend you, but I think the point was made in dredging up your old posts from 7 years ago, and I would be happy if it were to stop now.

Thanks, @Cyber Liberty

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2023, 10:37:27 pm »
What I'd like to know is what objective information changed before and after Tumpy to garner such welded support - Because by and large the information I have received since then has only served to reinforce what was prominently displayed all the way along... In capital letters.

I am left with the impression that such dogged faith is based in emotion, and cannot be defended objectively at all.  :shrug:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 10:38:20 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2023, 11:12:37 pm »
@Sighlass

I hate to embarrass you,but SOME people learn from their mistakes,and this,in addition to more information causes them to change their minds.

You should try some of that "mind changing" some time.

BTW,since you people are so desperate to attack me that  you  are willing to spend the  time to research posts I made a decade or more ago,I  am thinking about changing my mind again right now. I think I will support whatever weasel you vote for,even if it is DeSanctimonious.

"Ahm in wid  da in-crowd......"

Is there some sort of secret handshake or word I need to know?

YEE,HAW!

So.... when you were against Trump, did you support JEB and did you oppose him(Trump) then because he was orange, rude, and rich? wink777
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 04:20:50 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2023, 11:26:06 pm »
So.... when you were against Trump, did you support JEB and did you oppose him then because he was orange, rude, and rich? wink777

@LMAO

Another cheap shot from the past,but I will admit to having  no  idea that JEB was orange,rude,and rich. Well,I did know he was rich.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2023, 03:32:28 am »
So.... when you were against Trump, did you support JEB and did you oppose him then because he was orange, rude, and rich?

Well that was one thing consistent with Pete, there was NO love so far as I have read towards any of the Bushes. None Nada. Lol, he said he would rather vote for satan over any of the Bushes (as the lesser of two evils).

I will leave this quote for others to read... the amazing thing is it could of been written by some of us holdover anti-Trumpers today... minus a few Sneakisms thrown in for shock value of course.

No,there is no real difference,other than he has smaller hands,and her penis is battery-powered.

I am DONE voting against anyone,and have been for the last few presidential election cycles. The whole "lesser of two evils" argument is nothing but a shape-shifting lie people tell themselves to justify doing something they know in their hearts is wrong.

I either vote FOR someone because I actually want to see them in office,or I don't vote for anyone to fill that office. I am done forever with voting for the "lesser of two evils" because by definition that means I would purposely and knowingly be voting for evil. I don't have to justify my votes to you or to anyone else,but I damn sure have to justify them to ME.

You guess who had this opinion above ...

Speaking of opinions that came true... give Victoria a gold star...

Finally the self proclaimed change in @sneakypete where he actually made a thread about his "change of heart"..... called "Meet the Depressed just talked me into voting for Trump"... October 23, 2016, 10:13:31 am

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,231099.0.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 06:12:56 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2023, 07:55:25 am »
Any nationwide general election polling that doesn’t sample at D+6 is grossly flawed.  The continued and expanding emergence of hyper-liberal, lazy, self-centered Gen-Z voters into the electorate will push it further to the left.  And no, there is no way Trump is winning that demographic. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 07:58:51 am by ScottinVA »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2023, 01:01:30 pm »
Any nationwide general election polling that doesn’t sample at D+6 is grossly flawed.  The continued and expanding emergence of hyper-liberal, lazy, self-centered Gen-Z voters into the electorate will push it further to the left.  And no, there is no way Trump is winning that demographic.

Depends on how pissed the lefties are over abortion IMO. My feeling is maybe the GOTV factor of it has calmed down a bit, but I could be wrong.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2023, 01:04:05 pm »

On the other hand, there is some evidence that Millennials are turning more conservative.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2023, 01:45:09 pm »
On the other hand, there is some evidence that Millennials are turning more conservative.

@massadvj

I think it is generally accepted that most people get more conservative as they age. Not everybody,because there seems to be a lot of young people out there today who are to the left of Marx. They could mellow out and get more conservative,but it would still be at a level most of us would consider to be far left.

Ironically  enough,from what I have seen,it seems to be the biggest "pull to the right" seems to come at about the same time as life changes like getting  a steady job,making house payments,and marriage/raising children. Go figure.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2023, 03:08:30 pm »
@massadvj

I think it is generally accepted that most people get more conservative as they age. Not everybody,because there seems to be a lot of young people out there today who are to the left of Marx. They could mellow out and get more conservative,but it would still be at a level most of us would consider to be far left.

Ironically  enough,from what I have seen,it seems to be the biggest "pull to the right" seems to come at about the same time as life changes like getting  a steady job,making house payments,and marriage/raising children. Go figure.

That's all right, @sneakypete , but I believe @massadvj is speaking to a different thing than the norm.

Gen Z is choosing traditional religion more than than Gen X... They are choosing traditional relationships, traditional gender definitions and roles...

I have been commenting on this for some time - Being a tech to the hillbillies around here and willing to barter, I see hill folk around here a lot (or did before Covid)... A subset of that is young folks who have left the city to buy land and build a life - often scratch-building a homestead, home-schooling... the whole 9 yards.

Being chock full of that sort of information, knowing all the folks to connect to, I will often sit with these kids, teaching them what they want or need, and developing a more intimate understanding of their motives than I normally would... And their stories are very much the same - Tired of the phony world of their parents they are seeking something real. And that is leading them toward conservative pastures.

My own observations are anecdotal to the point, but I have considered it a phenomena for a while.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2023, 03:23:33 pm »
That's all right, @sneakypete , but I believe @massadvj is speaking to a different thing than the norm.

Gen Z is choosing traditional religion more than than Gen X... They are choosing traditional relationships, traditional gender definitions and roles...

I have been commenting on this for some time - Being a tech to the hillbillies around here and willing to barter, I see hill folk around here a lot (or did before Covid)... A subset of that is young folks who have left the city to buy land and build a life - often scratch-building a homestead, home-schooling... the whole 9 yards.

Being chock full of that sort of information, knowing all the folks to connect to, I will often sit with these kids, teaching them what they want or need, and developing a more intimate understanding of their motives than I normally would... And their stories are very much the same - Tired of the phony world of their parents they are seeking something real. And that is leading them toward conservative pastures.

My own observations are anecdotal to the point, but I have considered it a phenomena for a while.

Nice to know.  Thanks for the info.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2023, 03:43:25 pm »
Nice to know.  Thanks for the info.

It really is extraordinary. I mean, it ain't like I am speaking to crowds or nothing... it's all pretty one-on-one... but I have held this information all the way along, and I never had young folks coming to me and sitting on the porch to suck it up before.

Had a similar thing impact the hillbilly scene a while back. There was a hippie gathering up here a while back... maybe in the 90s... And a whole bunch of em stayed. I mean A LOT of em. You couldn't hardly throw a rock without hitting a commune, just about anywhere there was a road into the woods.

Well eventually a hard winter came, and by spring they were all disappeared. But there's a very real clutch of hillbilly wives that came out of that crowd. Always a bit granola-head, always neck deep in foraging and natural medicine, still like their weed and rock and roll... married up to these hard-core redneck hillbillies. It is enough of a thing that there are three basic varieties of hilljilly... Actual hilljillies, born of the blood - tend to be Norweigian or Irish/ Scots-Irish. First Peoples hilljillies - Generally Salish/Kootenai, with some Blackfeet and Cheyenne, and those ex hippie gals.

This influx of young city kids coming out here stand to change the hillfolk to a similar degree.
It's a thing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2023, 03:48:14 pm »

@roamer_1

I hadn't really given it much thought,but now that you  mention it,it makes sense. Seems like every generation rebels against the rules of their parents generation,just to show their independence.

Chances are this new generation will have children who will end up rebelling against leftism in order to show their independence.

Your thinking on this issue is very similar to mine. We are ALL "creatures of our environment and experiences".

Proof of this is you  VERY  rarely see or hear about a child that grew up in the country turning into a leftist radical,and you VERY rarely see a child that grew up in a big city growing up to live a traditional lifestyle.

It happens occasionally,but it is more the exception than it is the rule.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2023, 04:03:09 pm »

Interesting.

Up until I retired in May 2021 I was a college professor. My experience with GenZ was that they are extremely low in self-esteem, terribly undereducated, and psychologically dependent on their social networks which insist on strict adherence to subcultural "norms" regardless of how absurd they may be.

I was a known conservative/libertarian  in my university, and until 2020 or so I was respected and listened to by students, even if most of them did not agree with me. Then there was a seismic shift, and some students started complaining that my point of view was "toxic" and they were "threatened" whenever they were in my presence. This was what I saw as the dangerous, passive-aggressive political nature of this generation. They are like Bolsheviks.

Fortunately, it was time to retire anyway. I am glad not to be having to deal with them anymore. They are for the most part incapable of rigorous academic work. They know no math or basic grammar to speak of. The universities have dumbed down the curriculum to accommodate them and keep the dollars flowing.

I know I sound like a dinosaur and I probably am.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 04:07:49 pm by massadvj »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2023, 04:45:04 pm »
Interesting.

Up until I retired in May 2021 I was a college professor. My experience with GenZ was that they are extremely low in self-esteem, terribly undereducated, and psychologically dependent on their social networks which insist on strict adherence to subcultural "norms" regardless of how absurd they may be.

I was a known conservative/libertarian  in my university, and until 2020 or so I was respected and listened to by students, even if most of them did not agree with me. Then there was a seismic shift, and some students started complaining that my point of view was "toxic" and they were "threatened" whenever they were in my presence. This was what I saw as the dangerous, passive-aggressive political nature of this generation. They are like Bolsheviks.

Fortunately, it was time to retire anyway. I am glad not to be having to deal with them anymore. They are for the most part incapable of rigorous academic work. They know no math or basic grammar to speak of. The universities have dumbed down the curriculum to accommodate them and keep the dollars flowing.

I know I sound like a dinosaur and I probably am.

You may be experiencing that from within a bubble that is different from mine... My sister is a whacko-liberal, married to a college dean, and her opinion of this generation mirrors yours - Albeit that she and hers are as liberal as they come, which is different from you... but the environs are probably similar to yours...

I have avoided the modern education system like a plague. Likewise cities... The kids I am running into have discovered that perspective. Mostly blue collar, some with a bit of college, but having dropped out, all of them utterly ignorant of country life, but what of it they've watched on yootoob.

Imagine cutting loose from the hamster wheel and attempting to enter into an environment entirely alien to all you know, and attempt to enter into a society built on the opposite of what you were taught, a highly introverted society, closed tight against the outside... Well, that's what these kids are up against. It is no small thing for them. It takes stones and hair... something they likely don't possess.

Some don't succeed... their broken dreams lie scattered on the forest floor. But them that do... they become evangelists. They KNOW which way is right.

It is quite a pastime for me, or at least it was. As a teacher, I am sure you will understand me when I speak of a moment when a student's lights click on... That moment of awareness, when understanding dawns. Of course I met that moment many times in my own kids... But it is different with someone outside one's clan. I have come to find that a most enjoyable moment to look for. It is very rewarding.

And the struggle - not over books, but over life and death in real time. The moment a kid from the city has to kill his first chicken, as it were... It is so profound. And there are many chickens to kill.

I admire it in those that prevail, I really do. It is one thing to be raised up in it... Another to come to it on purpose... Because it is a hard, hard way. Those that do have truly overcome much.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 04:47:29 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2023, 05:20:30 pm »
You may be experiencing that from within a bubble that is different from mine... My sister is a whacko-liberal, married to a college dean, and her opinion of this generation mirrors yours - Albeit that she and hers are as liberal as they come, which is different from you... but the environs are probably similar to yours...

I have avoided the modern education system like a plague. Likewise cities... The kids I am running into have discovered that perspective. Mostly blue collar, some with a bit of college, but having dropped out, all of them utterly ignorant of country life, but what of it they've watched on yootoob.

Imagine cutting loose from the hamster wheel and attempting to enter into an environment entirely alien to all you know, and attempt to enter into a society built on the opposite of what you were taught, a highly introverted society, closed tight against the outside... Well, that's what these kids are up against. It is no small thing for them. It takes stones and hair... something they likely don't possess.

Some don't succeed... their broken dreams lie scattered on the forest floor. But them that do... they become evangelists. They KNOW which way is right.

It is quite a pastime for me, or at least it was. As a teacher, I am sure you will understand me when I speak of a moment when a student's lights click on... That moment of awareness, when understanding dawns. Of course I met that moment many times in my own kids... But it is different with someone outside one's clan. I have come to find that a most enjoyable moment to look for. It is very rewarding.

And the struggle - not over books, but over life and death in real time. The moment a kid from the city has to kill his first chicken, as it were... It is so profound. And there are many chickens to kill.

I admire it in those that prevail, I really do. It is one thing to be raised up in it... Another to come to it on purpose... Because it is a hard, hard way. Those that do have truly overcome much.

Yes, and I did have some exceptional ones, even at the end. It was just that they were fewer and farther in between.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2023, 09:05:07 pm »
People change their minds when they perceive they are wrong. I refuse to get on Pete's shit for that.  I may or may not agree with his current perception because I have a job here, and that ain't it.

@Cyber Liberty

Yeah,imagine THAT!

What a concept!

@sneakypete
you could have ended your post right there, there is no need for the personal insult

Then again,if you  don't HAVE a mind,you fall in behind a backstabbing litttle bitch like Dey Do Ron Rom
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 02:14:06 am by mystery-ak »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2023, 01:46:44 am »
Then again,if you  don't HAVE a mind,you fall in behind a backstabbing litttle bitch like Dey Do Ron Rom.

For the umpteenth time, how is DeSantis a backstabber?  Are you still insisting that Trump promised to make him his VP?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2023, 09:15:56 pm »
For the umpteenth time, how is DeSantis a backstabber?  Are you still insisting that Trump promised to make him his VP?

@Hoodat

For the umpteenth  time,"You know,but refuse to admit it."

Online corbe

« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2023, 09:22:55 pm »
   I really don't think that even @Right_in_Virginia can come up with the link to justify your view that DeSantis ever promised Trump that he wouldn't run against him  @sneakypete

*And she's very Resourceful
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 09:23:51 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2023, 09:25:26 pm »
   I really don't think that even @Right_in_Virginia can come up with the link to justify your view that DeSantis ever promised Trump that he wouldn't run against him  @sneakypete

*And she's very Resourceful

@corbe

Ok,PLEASE supply  me with  the name of the poster who is claiming I even wrote such a thing. I did NOT make that claim,period.

Online corbe

« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2023, 09:38:42 pm »
@corbe

Ok,PLEASE supply  me with  the name of the poster who is claiming I even wrote such a thing. I did NOT make that claim,period.

Isn't that the basis for the 'Stab you in the back' DeSantis theory?  What do you think Desantis owes Trump or the bigger question I would ask Is Trump Entitled to it? 

GHWB learned that lesson the hard way.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2023, 09:42:08 pm »
@corbe

This is true.  @sneakypete claimed that DeSantis was supposed to be Trump's running mate.  I think it was @Right_in_Virginia who claimed that DeSantis promised not to run against him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-