Author Topic: There Are Some Serious Problems With These Polls Right Now  (Read 6161 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: There Are Some Serious Problems With These Polls Right Now
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2023, 07:32:15 pm »
I reserve the right to change my mind @changemymind   :tongue2:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2023, 07:37:48 pm »
I reserve the right to change my mind @changemymind   :tongue2:

Time to move on from the bickering against one another in here.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2023, 08:10:01 pm »
MISSION STATEMENT

From This Day Forward
« on: November 08, 2016, 11:08:40 pm »
In recent months, The Briefing Room (and our Nation) has suffered the throes of a contentious election season like no other in our lifetime.  Factions on the Right have formed deep divides that, in our view, threaten Conservatism to its roots and in turn, our Constitutional Republic. These divides seem impassable. Too many words have been said in anger, too many have planted their standards and dared others to move them.

This must not be.

The Briefing Room will not foster that divide. This forum exists to promote general unity and knowledge on the Right.  We continue to believe Conservatism thrives best when our tent is large, welcoming, and a free exchange of Conservative-based ideas is allowed.  We all know from where the existential threats to our Republic originate and we have spent too much time and equity bickering about the futile placement of the chairs on the deck, rather than fixing the holes below the waterline.

Going forward, TBR will re-dedicate this forum to robust but healthy discussion/debate based in Conservatism and protecting our broad principles.  To the extent possible, we seek to halt the fractious, divisive rhetoric that has been all too common of late.  Continued division will lead to our demise.  We are a political news site and we understand our liberal political adversaries wish our destruction and our voices silenced.    November 9 is OUR new reality and we at TBR will move forward absent recriminations.

We still want and strive for what Ronald Reagan envisioned..a *Big Tent Policy*...We have challenges ahead, Let's work together!

Myst

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233386.msg1131913.html#msg1131913

@mystery-ak  @Cyber Liberty
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 08:15:51 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2023, 09:21:07 pm »
Thanks for the reminder, @bigheadfred

Nice trip down Memory Lane there.  That thread was posted several months after I became "the new Mod," so I was involved in the discussions leading up to it.

I had forgotten how many great Briefers we lost because of the Trump War.  The post you quoted was laying the foundation to keep that from happening again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2023, 09:24:12 pm »
MISSION STATEMENT

From This Day Forward
« on: November 08, 2016, 11:08:40 pm »
In recent months, The Briefing Room (and our Nation) has suffered the throes of a contentious election season like no other in our lifetime.  Factions on the Right have formed deep divides that, in our view, threaten Conservatism to its roots and in turn, our Constitutional Republic. These divides seem impassable. Too many words have been said in anger, too many have planted their standards and dared others to move them.

This must not be.

The Briefing Room will not foster that divide. This forum exists to promote general unity and knowledge on the Right.  We continue to believe Conservatism thrives best when our tent is large, welcoming, and a free exchange of Conservative-based ideas is allowed.  We all know from where the existential threats to our Republic originate and we have spent too much time and equity bickering about the futile placement of the chairs on the deck, rather than fixing the holes below the waterline.

Going forward, TBR will re-dedicate this forum to robust but healthy discussion/debate based in Conservatism and protecting our broad principles.  To the extent possible, we seek to halt the fractious, divisive rhetoric that has been all too common of late.  Continued division will lead to our demise.  We are a political news site and we understand our liberal political adversaries wish our destruction and our voices silenced.    November 9 is OUR new reality and we at TBR will move forward absent recriminations.

We still want and strive for what Ronald Reagan envisioned..a *Big Tent Policy*...We have challenges ahead, Let's work together!

Myst

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233386.msg1131913.html#msg1131913

@mystery-ak  @Cyber Liberty

I haven't found this thread to be particularly divisive or acrimonious. I sure as heck don't think it is unfair to take a poster's words from the past and use them to make a point. I don't see any name calling or personal attacks at all.

So c'mon. This is a political forum, not a quilting circle.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2023, 09:37:57 pm »
I haven't found this thread to be particularly divisive or acrimonious. I sure as heck don't think it is unfair to take a poster's words from the past and use them to make a point. I don't see any name calling or personal attacks at all.

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2023, 09:39:56 pm »
In 2020, "defacto martial law" was called by US governors, not the POTUS. 

Yeah, the buck NEVER stops with Trump, right?

Oh wait!

How They Convinced Trump to Lock Down

https://www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=14461

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249712404260421633?s=20

For the purpose of creating conflict and confusion, some in the Fake News Media are saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government. Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect....

...It is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons. With that being said, the Administration and I are working closely with the Governors, and this will continue. A decision by me, in conjunction with the Governors and input from others, will be made shortly!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2023, 09:42:55 pm »

@massadvj

Actually, this thread is a product of that Statement from @mystery-ak and, by design, its not acrimonious.  I am glad that we have adhered to it.

Thank You to all Briefers that have labored to save us from ourselves!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2023, 09:44:04 pm »

Meant to be a FWIW post.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2023, 10:16:29 pm »
Just looking back at some of your earlier posts when you first joined TBR.... @sneakypete

@Sighlass

That just means I know how to think,and change my mind if circumstances prove me wrong.

You should try it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2023, 10:17:37 pm »
And it wasn’t long ago that he thought DeSantis would be the ideal 2028 candidate

It was only after Donald Trump claimed he was being backstabbed did he adopt that position,also

@LMAO

I am PROUD to be recognized as NOT supporting a back-stabbing little bitch.

You should try it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2023, 10:19:20 pm »

People change their minds when they perceive they are wrong.

Not THEM! All that "thinking stuff" and making  decisions on their own makes their heads hurt.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2023, 10:23:19 pm »
@LMAO

I am PROUD to be recognized as NOT supporting a back-stabbing little bitch.

You should try it.

The point was is you didn’t have that position until Trump made the claim of disloyalty

I can find you posting history on this if you’ve forgotten
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2023, 10:25:58 pm »
The point was is you didn’t have that position until Trump made the claim of disloyalty

I can find you posting history on this if you’ve forgotten

@LMAO

Nice try at slander,but false. I decided to dump Sanctimonious when I discovered he was a back-stabbing little bitch.

Maybe YOU like to be associated with  weasels like that,but I don't.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2023, 10:30:24 pm »
@Sighlass

That just means I know how to think,and change my mind if circumstances prove me wrong.

You should try it.

This is one of your posts from the past

“The same people that bought the presidency for Bathhouse Barry.

Did you showhow miss the fact that Trump earns his living and has alwasy earned his living from scamming people? You act just like because he  has 2 billion dollars in assets that it means he doesn't want more.

BTW,you seem to be obsessed with Trump's money. Does this mean you will support Bloomberg if he jumps into the election? After all,Bloomberg has 18 times as much money as Trump,and he didn't even inherit it.“

So, if that isn’t how you feel today, why? Do you agree with this post? If you agree he was a scam artist back then, why don’t you believe he’s one today? Why are you now in a position to demand others must support him today or , in your words, they’ll be just helping Biden when it appears you thought he was crooked when he ran in 2016?

Claiming a presidential candidate has made his money scamming others is a pretty serious claim.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 10:38:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2023, 10:31:40 pm »
@LMAO

Nice try at slander,but false. I decided to dump Sanctimonious when I discovered he was a back-stabbing little bitch.

Maybe YOU like to be associated with  weasels like that,but I don't.

I’m just simply pointing out a stand you had not long ago. It’s not slander to point out someone’s own past statement

There was hints he was going to run before he made it official
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 10:36:45 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2023, 10:39:25 pm »
This is one of your posts from the past

“The same people that bought the presidency for Bathhouse Barry.

Did you showhow miss the fact that Trump earns his living and has alwasy earned his living from scamming people? You act just like because he  has 2 billion dollars in assets that it means he doesn't want more.

BTW,you seem to be obsessed with Trump's money. Does this mean you will support Bloomberg if he jumps into the election? After all,Bloomberg has 18 times as much money as Trump,and he didn't even inherit it.“

So, if that isn’t how you feel today, why? Do you agree with this post? If you agree he was a scam artist back then, why don’t you believe he’s one today? Why are you now in a position to demand others must support him today or , in your words, they’ll be just helping Biden when it appears you thought he was crooked when he ran in 2016?

Claiming a presidential candidate has made his money scamming others is a pretty serious claim.

@LMAO

So what? It means I am capable of changing my  mind with changing circumstances.

You should try it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2023, 10:40:54 pm »
@LMAO

So what? It means I am capable of changing my  mind with changing circumstances.

You should try it.

You made a claim in this post that Trump was a crook who made his money by scamming people. Were you lying then? Were did you get that information?

I’ve never heard that claim anywhere

« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 10:41:50 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2023, 10:42:55 pm »
I’m just simply pointing out a stand you had not long ago. It’s not slander to point out someone’s own past statement

@LMAO

No,you are not. You went searching for cheap shots because  I was exposing your boy for the weasel he really is,so you went looking for quotes from long ago to try to discredit me.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2023, 10:45:28 pm »
@LMAO

No,you are not. You went searching for cheap shots because  I was exposing your boy for the weasel he really is,so you went looking for quotes from long ago to try to discredit me.

Just confronting you with your own past statements based on your very own posting history :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 10:50:15 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2023, 10:49:43 pm »
@LMAO

You should try it.

I think it is admirable that you were able to change your point of view.  It could demonstrate that you are able to grow, but it could also indicate that you've been taken in. I think that is why people are interested in probing your thinking process in this regard.  If we still see the charlatan you saw, what are we missing now? What changed your point of view about Trump?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2023, 10:50:41 pm »
Just confronting you with your own claims based on past posting history :shrug:

@LMAO

ROFlaughing MY ass off!

I do thank you for your efforts,though. It proves to me that I am scoring "hits that hurt".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 10:51:46 pm by sneakypete »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2023, 10:54:13 pm »
@LMAO

ROFlaughing MY ass off!

I do thank you for your efforts,though. It proves to me that I am scoring "hits that hurt".

I’m not hurt at all

It’s just you never called RDS a backstabbing bitch even when it was clear he was going to run until recent

If you’d like, I’d be more than happy to find your posts

And were did you get the information in 2016 that Trump made his money by scamming people? I’ve never heard that claim
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 11:07:26 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2023, 11:37:22 pm »
I’m not hurt at all

It’s just you never called RDS a backstabbing bitch even when it was clear he was going to run until recent

@LMAO 

NOW you are whining because I didn't call him a backstabbing little bitch until  he  BECAME a backstabbing little bitch?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2023, 11:44:02 pm »
@LMAO 

NOW you are whining because I didn't call him a backstabbing little bitch until  he  BECAME a backstabbing little bitch?

Hey, I’m just using your own posting history. If you’re upset with that, take it up with yourself… Lol.

And you’re still avoiding the question of where you got the information in 2016 that Donald Trump made his money by scamming people

Barry Goldwater