Author Topic: Biden says rich must 'pay their share' at first reelection campaign rally  (Read 271 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Biden says rich must 'pay their share' at first reelection campaign rally
June 18, 20231:16 AM ET
By
The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA — President Joe Biden delivered an unapologetically economic populist message Saturday during the first rally of his reelection campaign, telling an exuberant crowd of union members that his policies had created jobs and lifted the middle class. Now, he said, is the time for the wealthy to "pay their fair share" in taxes.

Biden spotlighted the sweeping climate, tax and health care package signed into law last year that cut the cost of prescription drugs and lowered insurance premiums — pocketbook issues that advisers say will be the centerpiece of his argument for a second term.

"I'm looking forward to this campaign," Biden said to cries of "four more years!" before adding, "We've got a record to run on."

more
https://www.npr.org/2023/06/18/1182984387/biden-says-rich-must-pay-their-share-at-first-reelection-campaign-rally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Yes, you do have a record - a record of failure and disaster.

Offline LMAO

The undefined”fair share” argument
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Exactly.

Offline cato potatoe

If you have a dollar, you owe me fifty cents. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The truly wealthy will never pay much of anything with the Marxist income tax in place because they have the ability to buy definitions of "Income" that exclude themselves.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 08:12:30 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien