Author Topic: DeSantis fares better against Biden than Trump in new 2024 poll  (Read 549 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis fares better against Biden than Trump in new 2024 poll

By Ryan King
June 18, 2023

Gov. Ron DeSantis fares better against President Biden than Donald Trump in the 2024 contest for the White House, a new poll found.

Biden dispatches all of his potential Republican foes except DeSantis, whom he trails 43% to 44% — well within the margin of error, the DailyMail.com/J.L. Partners survey showed.

Other polls have shown similar results, with the Florida governor topping Biden by 1.3 percentage points, according to the latest RealClearPolitics aggregate.

DeSantis, the former president’s chief foe in the GOP primary, has made electability a core tenet of his pitch to GOP primary voters.

“I think that there’s a lot of voters who just aren’t going to vote for [Trump], who don’t like Biden,” DeSantis told “The Brian Kilmeade Show” earlier this month.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/18/desantis-is-bidens-most-formidable-gop-foe-poll/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: DeSantis fares better against Biden than Trump in new 2024 poll
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 03:45:25 pm »
Blasphemy! Don't you know the only polls that mention Trump are the ones highly positive about him? :silly: I'm sure we will be treated to reasons why this poll is worthless and not to be trusted and anyway it's way too early to worry about what any poll, accept the really positive ones about Trump, have to say :happyhappy:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 04:19:05 pm »
Blasphemy! Don't you know the only polls that mention Trump are the ones highly positive about him? :silly: I'm sure we will be treated to reasons why this poll is worthless and not to be trusted and anyway it's way too early to worry about what any poll, accept the really positive ones about Trump, have to say :happyhappy:

No doubt.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 04:26:40 pm »
It’s unlikely that Trump is going to flip any of the states that did not vote for him in 2020. His one hope would be to take the George Bush 2004 states. But Trump did not take states like Arizona, New Mexico, and if I recall, he did not take Nevada in 2020

Forget national polls. It’s the individual states that decide the election. Trump took Wisconsin in 2016 but he did not take it in 2020 and he will not take it in 2024.

The one state that Trump might flip from 2020 is Pennsylvania over the energy issue. But this is a state that elected the lakes of Fetterman
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 06:49:29 pm »
DeSantis fares better against Biden than Trump in new 2024 poll

By Ryan King
June 18, 2023

Gov. Ron DeSantis fares better against President Biden than Donald Trump in the 2024 contest for the White House, a new poll found.

Biden dispatches all of his potential Republican foes except DeSantis, whom he trails 43% to 44% — well within the margin of error, the DailyMail.com/J.L. Partners survey showed.

Other polls have shown similar results, with the Florida governor topping Biden by 1.3 percentage points, according to the latest RealClearPolitics aggregate.

DeSantis, the former president’s chief foe in the GOP primary, has made electability a core tenet of his pitch to GOP primary voters.

“I think that there’s a lot of voters who just aren’t going to vote for [Trump], who don’t like Biden,” DeSantis told “The Brian Kilmeade Show” earlier this month.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/18/desantis-is-bidens-most-formidable-gop-foe-poll/
Oh crap don't let RIV see this!  /S

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2023, 06:53:44 pm »
Oh crap don't let RIV see this!  /S

She'll be here, or at least check in since DooDah's name is in the Title.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2023, 07:06:42 pm »
As Trump self-destructs I think we'll see DeSantis rise in the polls.

Trump being indicted and faced with over 30 felonies doesn't help, nor does his age or going after conservatives.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2023, 09:32:54 pm »
As Trump self-destructs I think we'll see DeSantis rise in the polls.

Trump being indicted and faced with over 30 felonies doesn't help, nor does his age or going after conservatives.

Nor does his mouth that he has no control over, evidently.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2023, 09:38:37 pm »

Nor does his mouth that he has no control over, evidently.

Well he's been ordered to keep silent on the on-going legal case(s), we'll see how that works out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 12:48:40 am »
Well he's been ordered to keep silent on the on-going legal case(s), we'll see how that works out.

Probably about as well as telling a little kid he can’t have any cookies from the cookie jar.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 12:47:38 pm »
Just Mindy 🐊
@just_mindy
Gee I wonder why Hillary Clinton's pollster wants Republicans to think Donald Trump is beating Biden by 6??? #PSYOP

https://twitter.com/WPAIntel/status/1670943572189749248
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2023, 01:47:08 pm »
Biden is going to be vulnerable despite ~17 million new jobs and the abortion issue.  He is just too old.  It makes sense for the dems to wait until next spring/summer to pull the switcheroo.  By then, the GOP is stuck with Trump and whatever losers he endorsed, and there is less time to investigate the democrat candidate.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2023, 01:53:17 pm »

He has the right to remain silent but he doesn't have the ability to remain silent.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2023, 01:58:16 pm »
Biden is going to be vulnerable despite ~17 million new jobs and the abortion issue.  He is just too old.  It makes sense for the dems to wait until next spring/summer to pull the switcheroo.  By then, the GOP is stuck with Trump and whatever losers he endorsed, and there is less time to investigate the democrat candidate.

Yes, but how long can they wait before it's too late to get a replacement on the ballots in all 50 states?

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2023, 02:47:32 pm »
Yes, but how long can they wait before it's too late to get a replacement on the ballots in all 50 states?

Seems the various states would grant ballot access to whomever the dems nominated at their convention in August.  If that is no longer the case, then we're going to have a problem at some point, with our geriatric political class. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2023, 06:00:47 pm »
Gov. RonDeSantis on why Republicans should vote for him instead of Trump: "I'm more likely to actually get this stuff done. There've been promises made about draining the swamp, building the wall, doing all these things. None of that came to fruition."

https://twitter.com/NvrBackDown24/status/1671183787823079424
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org