Author Topic: How Eco-Journalists Promote The ‘Weather Is Climate’ Scam  (Read 167 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DR. DAVID WHITEHOUSE ON JUN 15, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

How Eco-Journalists Promote The ‘Weather Is Climate’ Scam

When did journalists start confusing weather and climate predictions? A long time ago it seems.

Consider New Scientist in August 2008 which asked, “What’s going to happen to the climate over the next ten years or so?”— even though climate change is considered a 30-year assessment. [emphasis, links added]

It pointed out that short-term predictions are harder than long-term ones – which, might I suggest, is due to the difference between pesky, unpredictable weather and its smoothed, time-averaged derivative – climate.

It adds that some groups have published short-term forecasts (perhaps another name for these could be long-range ‘weather forecasts.’).

It then makes its own calamitous prediction: “Surface temps will start to rise again by 2014 and then go into overdrive.” They didn’t.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-eco-journalists-promote-the-weather-is-climate-scam/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson