Author Topic: The Real Story About a "Melting" Mount Rainier  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Real Story About a "Melting" Mount Rainier
« on: June 19, 2023, 10:27:06 am »
June 18, 2023
The Real Story About a "Melting" Mount Rainier

As many readers of the blog know, I often provide a reality check for over-the-top and often inaccurate Seattle Times articles dealing with climate change.

It is unfortunate that the Seattle Times has moved to an advocacy role on the issue of climate change, often exaggerating the effects of global warming.  They often fail to provide reliable information to their readers on this important topic.

In yesterday's online paper, they had a front-page story written by their columnist, Danny Westneat:  Mount Rainier is melting.  Can anything be done to stop it?

As you can imagine, they are talking about the glaciers on Mt. Rainier.  The story references a new "piercing" National Park Service report and talks about the substantial reduction in glacier ice volume.

The message in the article is clear:  Rainier's glaciers are now rapidly retreating and that human CO2 emissions are the cause.   We need to act now.

"It’s climate change before your eyes."

"We’ve really got to focus on how we emit carbon into the air.”

This is a very deceptive article designed to convince us that a signature aspect of our region is being lost due to human carbon emissions.
The truth is that Rainier's glacial melt has been predominantly natural, with human carbon emissions a small part of the story.

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2023/06/the-real-story-about-melting-mount.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson