Author Topic: Liberal activists want to buy your local TV station  (Read 232 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Liberal activists want to buy your local TV station
« on: June 18, 2023, 07:43:58 pm »
https://www.semafor.com/article/06/18/2023/liberal-activists-want-to-buy-your-local-tv-station

Max Tani
Jun 18, 2023

Progressive media activists, rattled by the collapse of a generation of youth-oriented digital news outlets like Vice and BuzzFeed News, are pushing wealthy Democrats to invest in for-profit media companies and social media influencers.

That’s the conclusion of an 85-page report, obtained by Semafor, prepared for a gathering of progressive leaders in Washington, D.C. last month.

The report calls for “diverting a share of the investment that’s going into exclusively cause-funded nonprofits towards sponsored content and into direct investment in hybrid and for-profit enterprises with large audiences.

Titled “Analysis of the Changing U.S. News Media Landscape and Strategies Toward Delivering Civic Value,” the report also suggested backing social media influencers and networks of non-traditional journalists who reach audiences not served by mainstream news outlets.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Liberal activists want to buy your local TV station
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 07:44:42 pm »
the report also suggested backing social media influencers and networks of non-traditional journalists
As if they learned nothing from Bud Light.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Liberal activists want to buy your local TV station
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 08:06:44 pm »
As if they learned nothing from Bud Light.

Stupidity knows no bounds.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley