Author Topic: Bill Barr: ‘Our Country Can’t Be a Therapy Session for a Troubled Man’ Like Trump  (Read 1409 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Barr: ‘Our Country Can’t Be a Therapy Session for a Troubled Man’ Like Trump

Pam Key 18 Jun 2023

Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that former President Donald Trump’s federal charges can not be turned into a “a therapy session for a troubled man.”

Co-host Robert Costa said, “So many Republicans continue to defend him. What will it say if the party, your long-time party, puts them forward as their nominee?”

Barr said, “That’s the problem. They’re not defending his conduct but saying it’s unfair to prosecute him. But that raises another question, if it’s unfair to prosecute him, that’s not the whole answer. The question is, should we be putting someone like this forward as the leader of the country, the leader of the free world, who is engaged in this kind of conduct? This is not just an isolated example. Trump has many good qualities, and he accomplished some good things, but the fact of the matter is he is a consummate narcissist, and he constantly engages in reckless conduct that puts his followers at risk, and the conservative  and Republican agenda at risk.”

Costa said, “Will he put the country at risk?”

Barr said, “He will gratify his own ego ahead of everything else, including the country’s interest. This is a perfect example of that. He’s like a defiant 9-year-old kid who is always pushing the glass towards the edge of the table, defying his parents from stopping him from doing it. It’s self-assertion and exerting his dominance over other people. And he’s a very petty individual who will always put his interests ahead of the country’s, his personal gratification of his ego. Our country can’t be a therapy session for a troubled man like this.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/18/bill-barr-our-country-cant-be-a-therapy-session-for-a-troubled-man-like-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that .  .  .

Who is the idiot who picked this guy to be Attorney General?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

I never could figure out why Trump selected Barr, Sessions, Kushner, Rosenstein, Mueller, McDaniel, Pence and others.  All really, really poor choices.

They are all seeing to it that he is behind bars.  It is wrong and frankly scares the heck out of me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Barr: Trump Will Likely Be Indicted on January 6 Case this Summer

Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that he now believes former President Donald Trump will face charges over the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/18/bill-barr-trump-will-likely-be-indicted-on-january-6-case-this-summer/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Who recommended him to Trump is what I want to know..
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

@mystery-ak who recommended Sessions, Rosenstein, Barr and Pence? 

I believe it was his advisor Kushner; IMHO he's been Trump's worst enemy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Trump picked people he was told could be confirmed by the senate. Not saying whether that was right or wrong but that's what happened. It was that or a cabinet full of recess appointments.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump picked people he was told could be confirmed by the senate. Not saying whether that was right or wrong but that's what happened. It was that or a cabinet full of recess appointments.

So it sounds like McConnell was at least one of the *advisors* and I bet Graham was another..
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump picked the worst people on Earth to serve with him. They were ALL backstabbing traitors.
That is why everyone in D.C. is scared to death of another Trump Presidency. Because now he knows.
He will not make that mistake again. And it frightens all the little quislings in Washington, to do ANYTHING anything at all to stop him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

Take your pick.  Trump has been firmly in bed with the GOP Establishment since 2015.  It was most likely the same person who recommended Reince Priebus, Mike Pence, Chrisopher Wray, Jeff Sessions, Tom Price, Brett Kavanaugh, Elaine Ciao, and Paul Manafort.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Trump picked the worst people on Earth to serve with him. They were ALL backstabbing traitors.
That is why everyone in D.C. is scared to death of another Trump Presidency. Because now he knows.
He will not make that mistake again.

Yes, he will.  He's making it right now.  McCarthy?  McDaniel?  Both received Trump's backing in the last six months.  His ego won't allow himself to do anything differently.  Conservatives won't suck up to him.  And the ones who do are using him for their personal benefit while screwing over the rest of us.

Case in point, flash back to 2017.  Who would have made a better AG - Cruz or Sessions?  The answer to that question is clear.  Now ask yourself which one was the bigger suck-up to Trump at the time?  Jeff Sessions, hands down.

And now you see the problem with Trump.  He had the chance to prove differently with the latest GOP fight.  Yet Trump gave his solid backing to the Swamp rat McDaniel instead of backing someone who would bury all the backstabbers.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But being a Therapy Session for a brain dead infant like Biteme is OK.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Phenomenology
@BerryRazi

Interesting the number of people that don’t understand that the SENATE confirms appointments by simple majority. POTUS cannot appoint who the RINO establishment won’t confirm. #civics

3:15 PM · Jun 14, 2023

Offline Hoodat

Phenomenology
@BerryRazi

Interesting the number of people that don’t understand that the SENATE confirms appointments by simple majority. POTUS cannot appoint who the RINO establishment won’t confirm. #civics

3:15 PM · Jun 14, 2023

Interesting the number of people who won't admit that Trump was a lying-ass bitch when he said he would only hire the best and the brightest.  What a weak POS Trump must have been to have his sycophants explain why he couldn't hire an AG that would have America's back.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Seriously, how in the hell are we suppose to believe people who tell us that Trump is going to go back into office kicking ass and taking names when they tell us a the same time that Trump had to fill his ranks with Establishment schmucks because there weren't 60+ Republican Senators?

Weak, weak, weak, weak.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
But being a Therapy Session for a brain dead infant like Biteme is OK.

OH yeah! 100% OK!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Jeff Sessions is a frightened scared little puppet of people much greater than him. Why Trump picked him is a mystery which will always be unknown?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 11:14:08 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline cato potatoe

What is objectionable about Barr's interview?  Barr saw him up close, and he is just being honest here, like so many others.

Offline corbe

Trump picked Sessions because Sessions was the first US Senator to kiss his azz (endorse him) AND he was an Immigrations hawk.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Seriously, how in the hell are we suppose to believe people who tell us that Trump is going to go back into office kicking ass and taking names when they tell us a the same time that Trump had to fill his ranks with Establishment schmucks because there weren't 60+ Republican Senators?

Weak, weak, weak, weak.

:thumbsup:

Offline Kamaji

Yes, he will.  He's making it right now.  McCarthy?  McDaniel?  Both received Trump's backing in the last six months.  His ego won't allow himself to do anything differently.  Conservatives won't suck up to him.  And the ones who do are using him for their personal benefit while screwing over the rest of us.

Case in point, flash back to 2017.  Who would have made a better AG - Cruz or Sessions?  The answer to that question is clear.  Now ask yourself which one was the bigger suck-up to Trump at the time?  Jeff Sessions, hands down.

And now you see the problem with Trump.  He had the chance to prove differently with the latest GOP fight.  Yet Trump gave his solid backing to the Swamp rat McDaniel instead of backing someone who would bury all the backstabbers.

:bingo:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump isn't the only one troubled by the way this country is going, Bill.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What is objectionable about Barr's interview?  Barr saw him up close, and he is just being honest here, like so many others.

I agree.  Besides the fact Trump needs therapy for a long list of mental abnormalities, who needs such an unstable guy in the WH...again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

Bill Barr has been on every leftwing media Sunday show spewing his poison. He has smeared Trump more than he has ever criticized the worse drug dealers, arms dealers, international terrorists, terrorist states, or the Biden crime family and the millions of dollars they received from our enemies, including communist China.

Barr knows he’s lying. He knows the thug prosecutors against Trump have acted appallingly. He knows all this. But on Father’s Day he spends part of his morning on CBS trashing Trump without any serious challenge.  I think Barr is sick and getting sicker.

3:44 PM · Jun 18, 2023

Offline corbe

I can understand most hires of President Trump, the influence that went into them BUT Bill Barr stands out as a Mystery to me.
   Why did he hire the ex AG of GHWB, the killer of the Reagan Revolution? 
   Is he just a complete dumbazz or is there some Logic and Reasoning behind this particular move?

H/T @240B
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 05:09:38 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.