Author Topic: Time-restricted eating: A new way to prevent diabetes and obesity?  (Read 430 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Tech Explorist By Dr. Prajakta Banik 6/17/2023

Circadian eating: a new way to prevent type 2 diabetes?

In a recent study conducted at the University of Georgia, researchers have discovered that time-restricted eating, a form of intermittent fasting, could have significant health benefits, including a reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes and obesity. The study examined a range of published, peer-reviewed research. It revealed a clear correlation between the number of meals consumed and the prevalence of these health conditions.

Time-restricted eating involves consuming regular but fewer meals and observing a fasting period of 12 to 14 hours, typically overnight. These findings challenge skepticism surrounding skipping meals and shed light on the potential advantages of this dietary approach.

Krzysztof Czaja, an associate professor of biomedical sciences in UGA’s College of Veterinary Medicine, said, “What we’ve been taught for many decades is that we should eat three meals a day plus snacking in between. Unfortunately, this appears to be one of the causes of obesity.”

Emerging evidence suggests that circadian eating pattern adjustments, such as time-restricted eating, can significantly reduce the risk or prevent the development of T2D. Individuals may improve insulin sensitivity, facilitate weight management, modulate the gut microbiome, and mitigate inflammation by aligning food intake with the body’s natural circadian rhythms.

More: https://www.techexplorist.com/time-restricted-eating-new-way-prevent-diabetes-obesity/62364/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Time-restricted eating: A new way to prevent diabetes and obesity?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 02:46:02 pm »
Is it better to eat in the morning, upon awakening, or at night, before going to sleep?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 03:39:41 pm »
Is it better to eat in the morning, upon awakening, or at night, before going to sleep?

Time-restricted eating involves consuming regular but fewer meals and observing a fasting period of 12 to 14 hours, typically overnight.

Late-night eating should be avoided as it can disrupt the body’s resting state during sleep.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 03:45:35 pm »

Thanks.

I ask because I typically skip breakfast - other than having some coffee - eat lunch, and then dinner.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 03:52:52 pm »
Thanks.

I ask because I typically skip breakfast - other than having some coffee - eat lunch, and then dinner.

I do the same but think it's ass backwards. I'm sure I would be FAR better off if my main meal was lunch and not dinner.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 04:06:29 pm »
If I eat breakfast I tend to eat more over the rest of the day.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley