Author Topic: ‘Immigration’ Trails Only the Economy and Crime as Biggest Issue in Reuters/Ipsos Poll  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Immigration’ Trails Only the Economy and Crime as Biggest Issue in Reuters/Ipsos Poll
And it's the second top issue Americans want Joe Biden to prioritize. Good luck, because few Democrats care

By Andrew R. Arthur on June 15, 2023
News outlet Reuters and research shop Ipsos are out with their latest poll, and it reveals that Americans (1) are really worried about immigration and (2) want Joe Biden to do something about it. Good luck, because as that poll reveals, Democrats don’t share their fellow citizens’ concerns.

That poll was conducted between May 5 and 7, and Reuters/Ipsos surveyed 1,022 U.S. adults, including 302 Democrats, 280 Republicans, and 342 Independents. The overall margin of error is plus/minus 3.2 percentage points.

Ipsos 6-23
Most Important Problem Facing America. Respondents were asked what they thought the most important problem facing America today is, from a list of 13 potential topics.

The “economy, unemployment, and jobs” was the leading choice, garnering 24 percent of responses, followed by “crime or corruption”, which 14 percent of those polled picked.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Immigration-Trails-Only-Economy-and-Crime-Biggest-Issue-ReutersIpsos-Poll
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson