Author Topic: California’s emissions regulatory death spiral  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California’s emissions regulatory death spiral
« on: June 18, 2023, 11:13:42 am »
California’s emissions regulatory death spiral
By Ronald Stein |June 18th, 2023
I just got back from a 2-hour lunch with one of the guys who serves on working groups and committees of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), and he shared his frustrations working with these agencies.

The frustration stems from the devastating impact that an enormously complex system of rules and regulations involving federal, state, and regional agencies is having on individual businesses and entire industries in California and the rest of the United States.

No one can argue that a certain degree of regulation of business practices is necessary to protect employees, the public, and the environment from the negative impacts of their operations. But over time, the federal, state, and local regulations have not only increased in number, complexity, and cost but have gotten so oppressively burdensome that it has become economically infeasible to produce certain products anywhere else except outside the United States.

Ironically, this outsourcing of our once-proud domestic manufacturing capability has bolstered the economies of our allies as well as our enemies.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/06/18/californias-emissions-regulatory-death-spiral/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson