Author Topic: UN Chief claims fossil fuels are 'incompatible with human survival'  (Read 592 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN Chief claims fossil fuels are 'incompatible with human survival'
The United Nations' 2022 climate summit hosted a reported 400 private jets.

By Addison Smith
Updated: June 16, 2023 - 5:35pm

The United Nations secretary-general didn't mince words when addressing how he feels about the oil and gas industry this week.

António Guterres lashed out at the fossil fuels industry following a meeting with civil society groups, the Associated Press reported. The industry, he said, is "trading the future" for money. Guterres urged them to move "away from a product incompatible with human survival."

"The problem is not simply fossil fuel emissions... It’s fossil fuels – period," he continued said.

Despite Guterres' passionate rebuke of fossil fuel usage, the United Nations reportedly owns an entire fleet of aircraft, and is known for hosting a lavish annual climate summit that draws as many as 400 private jets, according to Breitbart News.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/energy/un-chief-claims-fossil-fuels-are-incompatible-human-survival
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: UN Chief claims fossil fuels are 'incompatible with human survival'
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 11:04:29 am »
 ***hair on fire
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 09:32:09 pm »
Well then he should order that all UN delegates and employees forthwith stop using fossil fuels and any products that are made from fossil fuels, lead by example.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 09:58:07 pm »
At this moment in our technological development, fossil fuels are necessary for human survival - above anything but mere subsistence.

Abandoning their use would result in the death of billions of people.

No dependable heat and cooling, no appliances, no plastics, no pharmaceuticals.

But that's their goal, isn't it?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 10:38:39 pm »
So is not being able to travel away from out of control forrest fires,tornadoes,etc,etc,etc.

Not to mention not having anything to eat because there is no ability  to plant crops,tend them,harvest  them,and get them to a market too far away for you to walk to buy them.

Hell,unless it rains,there won't even be any  water to drink unless they live close to a large fresh water lake,and chances are that even if they do,it won't take long for the influx  of thirsty city refugees ruins the water by using it for a toilet.

Then there is no cars to drive or even bicycles to ride to shop because no rubber tires will be made,no fuel will be made to be pumped,etc,etc,etc.

The ONLY way to cure the brain farts these idiots keep coming up with is to round the bastards up and drop them off on a deserted island somewhere in the Pacific,and let them see how well they can live without fossil fuels.

MY prediction is "Give them just ONE week,and they will be killing and eating each other.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 10:39:50 pm »
At this moment in our technological development, fossil fuels are necessary for human survival - above anything but mere subsistence.

Abandoning their use would result in the death of billions of people.

No dependable heat and cooling, no appliances, no plastics, no pharmaceuticals.

But that's their goal, isn't it?

@andy58-in-nh

Sorta. Their goal is to be the only people living on the planet other than their servants.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2023, 07:49:43 am »
Well then he should order that all UN delegates and employees forthwith stop using fossil fuels and any products that are made from fossil fuels, lead by example.
Sail in wooden ships with cotton sails, woven by hand. No plastics nor synthetics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2023, 08:54:14 am »
Sail in wooden ships with cotton sails, woven by hand. No plastics nor synthetics.

:thumbsup:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2023, 12:15:01 pm »
I say the UN is incompatible for the survival of humans and should be disbanded
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2023, 04:15:37 pm »
How will they forge the fittings they will need without fossil fuels? No oil, natural gas or coal leaves what, wood? Good luck making navigation equipment , better start mining loadstones before all the metal mining equipment wears out. I guess it will be better for the labor market with the increased demand for physical labor to replace all that cushy ICE and Electric equipment with no fossil fuels there won't be more wind turbines, transmission towers larger than wood can make and how will that enormously difficult to produce transmission wire be sheathed?

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2023, 04:20:57 pm »
I say the UN is incompatible for the survival of humans and should be disbanded
At the very least we should pull out, stop funding, boot their immoral @sses from our shores and declare that we will not follow any decision of theirs that is not in the best interest of Americans...most of the Sons of Bitches hate us any!