Author Topic: Myth Of Big Oil Funding Climate Skepticism Vs Big Green’s Billion-Dollar Alarmist Industry  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY CHRIS MORRISON ON JUN 16, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Myth Of Big Oil Funding Climate Skepticism Vs Big Green’s Billion-Dollar Alarmist Industry

just stop oil protestorIn 2019 the climate activist and UCL Geography Professor Mark Maslin wrote that oil companies were spending $200 million a year promoting something he termed “climate change denial”.

The ‘dark forces’ claim has been in regular use ever since. The Guardian recently reported Big Oil was “wringing humanity dry”, noting once again the annual $200m spent on climate change lobbying. [emphasis, links added]

Great story. Shame there is no actual evidence to back it up.

That can be concluded from a major new work from the investigative journalist Ben Pile.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/myth-of-big-oil-funding-climate-skepticism-vs-big-greens-billion-dollar-alarmist-industry/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson