Author Topic: Former Trump Impeachment Counsel Alan Dershowitz Says 'Nefarious Group' Seeks to Destroy Any Lawyer  (Read 248 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Trump Impeachment Counsel Alan Dershowitz Says 'Nefarious Group' Seeks to Destroy Any Lawyer Who Defends Trump
By Becca Lower | 2:45 PM on June 17, 2023

We previously reported on Harvard Law Professor Emeritus, Alan Dershowitz sharing his thoughts on the politically-motivated prosecution of former President Donald Trump in Miami.

Now Dershowitz, one of Trump’s attorneys during the first impeachment trial, is giving an insider view of what he says is intense pressure by one liberal group intent on keeping attorneys from working on Trump’s behalf.

In Thursday’s edition of his Substack newsletter, entitled “Why Donald Trump Cannot Get a Top-Tier Lawyer,” he lodges some damning accusations. After stating that the former president has been arraigned and pled not guilty to the classified documents charges, Dershowitz writes of Trump’s current legal team on that case:

….He was represented by two lawyers, neither of whom he apparently wants to lead his defense at trial. He has been interviewing Florida lawyers, and several top ones have declined. I know, because I have spoken to them. There are disturbing suggestions that among the reasons lawyers are declining the case is because they fear legal and career reprisals.

There is a nefarious group that calls itself The 65 Project that has as its goal to intimidate lawyers into not representing Trump or anyone associated with him. They have threatened to file bar charges against any such lawyers.

more
https://redstate.com/beccalower/2023/06/17/former-trump-impeachment-counsel-alan-dershowitz-says-nefarious-group-seeks-to-destroy-any-lawyer-who-defends-trump-n762805
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

From the article…

They have threatened to file bar charges against any such lawyers.

Lawyers have defended some of the worst scum in society. What possible charges could they file against lawyers who are going to be paid to defend Donald Trump? And is there any grasp of the concept that everybody is innocent till proven guilty?

If lawyers start backing down because they fear reprisals from defending a client, then we are truly a nation of mob rule
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 11:22:52 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy