Author Topic: Thugs, Gangs, and Other Criminals Welcome Chicago's New Mayor With 38% Spike in Crime His First Mont  (Read 172 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thugs, Gangs, and Other Criminals Welcome Chicago's New Mayor With 38% Spike in Crime His First Month
BY RICK MORAN 10:28 AM ON JUNE 16, 2023

How glad is Chicago’s criminal element to see new Mayor Brandon Johnson? The gangs, the thugs, and other criminals have been busy since Mayor Brandon Johnson took office on May 15. Crime has shot up an astonishing 38% — a sign that whatever Johnson is going to do about crime and public safety, he’d better get busy.

Washington Examiner:

Vehicle thefts spiked by 153%, aggravated battery is up 17%, burglary jumped by 12%, and even shootings rose 5%. A few weeks ago, carjackings got so bad the Chicago Police Department had to issue a “community alert urging residents to be more vigilant about their surroundings and to always be on the lookout for suspicious activity when entering or leaving vehicles.”

The lone exception to this pattern is murders, which went down by 5%. In raw numbers, it means there were only three fewer people killed.

Thank the Lord for small favors. Note that shootings still rose 5% while murders are down, indicating that Chicago’s gangs still need some target practice before the summer gets into full swing.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2023/06/16/thugs-gangs-and-other-criminals-welcome-chicagos-new-mayor-with-38-spike-in-crime-his-first-month-n1703731
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I honestly have to question the sanity of someone  wanting to be the Mayor of Chicago at this point in history.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!