Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Compares Himself to a Disciple of Jesus Christ  (Read 2815 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Ron DeSantis Compares Himself to a Disciple of Jesus Christ
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2023, 03:29:59 pm »
@Bigun

Once again,I am surprised. I had no idea you are a closed-minded bigot.

ROTFLMAO!!

Yeah. You need to look up that word.
And you sound like a Democrat.

:silly:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2023, 03:31:16 pm »
Lol

The same argument leftists make when losing

Bravo!!!

I know, right?  :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2023, 03:43:43 pm »
@sneakypete
Because without the Christians, Republicans would never win anything, for starters. They are the biggest voting bloc on the planet.

@roamer_1

Please explain all the losses. Would it be de falts ob SATAN

Or could it be that many people "identify as Christian" because they are using it in the generic sense as a way of saying their aren't Muslims,Buddists,and in some cases,not even atheists because atheists still get a lot of heat from the Bible Thumpers for not being "True Believers"?

I SUSPECT there are far fewer "True Believers" in America than you think. I suspect that MANY just make the claim to be Christians because they grew up in Christian households. At any rate,I have met and known damn few actual practicing Christians,and that includes the preachers.

Is it your assumption that they should put aside their immovable principles - The things THEY think are important and will fight for?

Of  course not. Because I believe in Free Will,and frankly,because the threat of burning for eternity in a pit of fire is all that keeps some of those loons from eating the children in their neighborhoods. I follow a basic rule that states "The more devout the true believer is,the more he or she has to fear IF the mythical "God" ever appears."

Because they won't. It's what they're made of. They will still fight - Just not for you. Kinda like me.

That's awful "Christian of you".

And it ain't the Christians that are bringing back the middle ages. It never has been.

Bringing it back? Many have never left the middle ages. Some even admit  they won't fight for my freedom to be a free thinker,or for the preservation of my life.

How "Christian" of them!

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2023, 04:19:42 pm »
Please explain all the losses.

Disaffection. Christians have not come out roaring for a long time. Not since Dubya, and even that wasn't that great. Many have walked away from politics - They are not political in nature in the first place.

Believe me, the honey hole is in bringing in the disaffected and disenfranchised, not converting liberals. The so called right is too far to the left.

That's awful "Christian of you".

Sure it is. Why should I fight for what I don't believe in?
Hell no, I won't fight for that.

I keep telling y'all... You want me to fight and have skin in the game, you have to give me something to fight *FOR*. This is no different.

[...] Some even admit  they won't fight for my freedom to be a free thinker,or for the preservation of my life.

How "Christian" of them!

That's nonsense. The biggest charitable entity on the planet is Christianity. They will always help. Whether your faith.

Even what you are as a warrior is informed by the Christian faith, whether you know it or not, or like it or not.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2023, 07:01:37 pm »
@GtHawk

Trump is not my "boy".

I MIGHT would let him sit on my porch to get out of the rain,but I wouldn't let him in my house.

And I don't give a squat if he is a true believer or a "Sunday Morning Christian. I WOULD care if he converted to Islam,but I really don't see that happening.
IF Trumps not your boy, as you say, you maybe oughta shoulda take a real long hard look at your posting history and attacks on anyone who fails to support Trumpypoo like you.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2023, 07:04:35 pm »
@LMAO

Have you no common sense whatsoever?

Or do you just have your head shoved so far up your ass that you will use ANY situation possible to slam Trump.

Jealousy is NEVER pretty,and petty jealousy is the nastiest form of them all.
Why on Earth do you care what anyone says about Trumpypoo if he's not as you say your boy :silly: SOTSDD.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2023, 07:06:11 pm »
@roamer_1

Why?

There are many  millions more that don't give a fart  in a  windstorm about that,unless the candidate in question is  a fundie that wants to bring back the Middle Ages.

Which is basically every Fundie that has ever lived.
Aaaand that's how we go Obama and Biden **nononono*

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2023, 07:08:48 pm »
Everyone, the biggest concern should be that they are wrongfully accusing him, apparently threatening his lawyers and he hasn't done anything that Clinton, Bush or Obama didn't do.

They are after him so he can't run again -- this means they are not allowing the people to vote for who they want.

That is the concern.

Once they lock him up, they are coming for you and I.

IMHO Enough of slurring Trump.  He has flaws, but he is not deserving of what's going down.

It's easy to get caught up with back and forth opinions of Trump but at the end of the day, what's happening is serious and our Republic is crumbling.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2023, 07:18:59 pm »
The only theological question I’d have for ANY person running for President is this: do you believe that you are a sinner in need of a Savior? That’s it. That, in a nutshell, will tell me if you are a disciple of Christ.

Does this mean you'd never vote for Vivek Ramaswamy, a Constitutional conservative, for any office @debrawiest ?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2023, 07:33:08 pm »
Disaffection. Christians have not come out roaring for a long time. Not since Dubya, and even that wasn't that great. Many have walked away from politics - They are not political in nature in the first place.

@roamer_1

I think that depends on how you define "political",and the subject being discussed. Not to mention the branch of Christianity you choose to follow.

Last time I went to church it was a fundy church one of my alcoholic relatives attended,and only went them because it was a condition he set to get him to do some work on a antique car I had. In general,he was an oxygen thief that couldn't even be bothered to feed or even supply electricity for his wife and 4 children because he only worked when he needed money to chase after whores and spend his money on them.
Anyhow,I attended a meeting at that fundie church,and was surprised when the CMMFIC giving the sermon called me out by name and mentioned I would be going to VN soon "to kill the Gawdless Commies".

Which kinda pissed me off,so I stood up and told him he could go kill his own bleeping "gawdless commies" if that was so important to him,and then I pointed out how much organized religion had in common with  Communism.

I didn't get my car fixed.

BTW,one of my favorite stories about religion involved this same cousin. His wife eventually got him to sober up and go to church,but then he left her AND their 4 children on their own to move in and live with  another woman. When I asked him what brought this about,he told me that "I was driving home from church one night,and GAWD spoke to me and told me to leave my family and move in with this woman,so I did!"

I used to stop by his shop  occasionally when I was bored,and ask him to tell me  about that "revelation" again because I needed a good laugh.

Eventually,the joke ended up being on him,though. After he left his wife,she met a new man that married her and accepted her children,and moved them all into  a nice brick home and provided them with  anything they needed to live a normal life. Him  leaving his family was the best thing that ever  happened  to them.

That's nonsense. The biggest charitable entity on the planet is Christianity. They will always help. Whether your faith.

LOL! They will help,provided of course you sign in so the government will reimburse them for the money they spent.

AND.....,of course,you will be required to pray  to Gawd and thank him for your dinner and a place to sleep that night.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2023, 07:35:49 pm »
Why on Earth do you care what anyone says about Trumpypoo if he's not as you say your boy :silly: SOTSDD.

@GtHawk

Because of the obvious jealousy and hatred of someone  born into  wealth.

Not  to mention the hypocrisy involved.

BTW,I don't have "boys".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2023, 07:39:44 pm »
Aaaand that's how we go Obama and Biden **nononono*

@GtHawk

No,we got Obomber and Biden because the DNC used tax dollars to buy  their votes.

In some cases,there were dead people and non-existent people voting thanks to the tax money the DNC received.

Not to mention live people like people in prison who didn't even know they voted.

AND.....,chances are that is what is going to happen again this time,and the upcoming vote may end up being the last one we ever have because our Global Masters just ain't  going to tolerate dissent.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2023, 07:41:20 pm »
Everyone, the biggest concern should be that they are wrongfully accusing him, apparently threatening his lawyers and he hasn't done anything that Clinton, Bush or Obama didn't do.

They are after him so he can't run again -- this means they are not allowing the people to vote for who they want.

That is the concern.

Once they lock him up, they are coming for you and I.

IMHO Enough of slurring Trump.  He has flaws, but he is not deserving of what's going down.

It's easy to get caught up with back and forth opinions of Trump but at the end of the day, what's happening is serious and our Republic is crumbling.

@libertybele

Not only that,but thee and me are paying  for it all via our tax dollars.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2023, 08:08:04 pm »
then I pointed out how much organized religion had in common with  Communism.

*SIGH* Your ignorance of scripture is noted. As is this ridiculous assertion.

As to the rest of your screed, it had naught to do with what I said.  :shrug: **nononono*

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2023, 10:06:48 pm »
@GtHawk

Because of the obvious jealousy and hatred of someone  born into  wealth.

Not  to mention the hypocrisy involved.

BTW,I don't have "boys".
SOSDD