Author Topic: Welcome Center in downtown Baltimore aims to help immigrants find the better life they seek  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NEIGHBORHOODSBY LAURA FAY7:50 AMJUN 17, 20230
Welcome Center in downtown Baltimore aims to help immigrants find the better life they seek
Opened by the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, the center aims to offer a host of services and a holistic approach

Norma Asimba never thought immigrating to the United States would be easy.

But upon arriving in the states in early 2020, having uprooted her life in Kenya in search of greater opportunities for herself and her then two-year-old son, Asimba almost immediately found herself confronted by the Covid-19 pandemic.

“There was this disease, and then there was a lockdown and everything just came to a standstill,” said Asimba, who now resides in Columbia. “It was just a lot to handle.”

Eventually, the young mother found her way to the Baltimore-based Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS), which helped her find a job and become self-sufficient.

She expressed her gratitude to LIRS as it opened its new “Welcome Center” earlier this week on the third-floor of Christ Lutheran Church at the Inner Harbor.

https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2023/06/17/welcome-center-in-downtown-baltimore-aims-to-help-immigrants-find-the-better-life-they-seek/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A better life - in Baltimore? :pigs fly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

My thought when I read the headline.  :beer:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

Better than the life in Columbia.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.