Author Topic: It Begins: 20 Heavily Armed IRS and ATF Agents Raid Great Falls Gun Store, Seize Firearm Purchase Re  (Read 1792 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It Begins: 20 Heavily Armed IRS and ATF Agents Raid Great Falls Gun Store, Seize Firearm Purchase Records
by Jim Hoft Jun. 16, 2023 10:11 pm

In an unprecedented move, twenty armed Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) agents carried out a raid on a gun store in Great Falls, Montana, seizing all Form 4473s – documents that record buyer’s information during firearms transactions.

Tom Van Hoose, owner of Highwood Creek Outfitters, alleges that he has been under constant surveillance by state and federal agencies for over two years, KRTV reported.

On Wednesday, the gun shop owner reported an unexpected visit from 20 heavily armed IRS agents at his store.

The agents reportedly arrived at the shop early in the morning, as Van Hoose was opening for the day.

“We have now confirmed that both the IRS and the ATF were at Highwood Creek Outfitters in Great Falls around 7 am this morning. Both the IRS and ATF would not say why they were there,” KMON Radio reported.

more w/video
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/06/it-begins-20-heavily-armed-irs-atf-agents/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I had a udercover FFL agent visit my  gunstore shortly after I opened it.

At first,he just seems like a numbnuts customer with the questions he was asking,but when he started asking about buying black powder in bulk,he gave himself away.

Not that it bothered me because I refused to stock black powder,and wouldn't even  order it. When he  asked me why,I told him the truth,"I consider it too dangerous to stock and I have no interest in stocking it."

I also had no interest in being mentioned in a law suit filed by  someone who would later be injured or killed by mishandling it by trying to build a bomb or trying to turn a black powder rifle into a magnum. Yes,seriously. The one thing in this life there is no limit on is the stupidity of some people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More

Montana AG Sounds Alarm: Armed IRS Agents Rounding Up Gun Purchase Records

Montana AG Austin Knudsen told Breitbart News on Saturday that armed IRS agents rolled into a Great Falls gun store Wednesday and seized dozens of boxes of ATF background check forms containing information on gun purchasers.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/06/17/montana-ag-sounds-alarm-armed-irs-agents-rounding-up-gun-purchase-records/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
WTF does the IRS need Form 4473s for?

Here it comes, folks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Here it comes, folks.

Next step .... seizure    We all know why they're hiring 80,000 new armed IRS agents.  I believe that is still going to be implemented because McCarthy folded.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Here it comes, folks.

@Smokin Joe

That's not the right question.

The right question is "WHO,in government,gave the IRS the authority to seize 4473's?

Or more precisely,"WHO had the authority to do that and have their orders obeyed?"

THEIR domain is tax collection,and Form 4473's list purchase costs or value. Or didn't,back when I had a gun shop long ago,anyway.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Next step .... seizure    We all know why they're hiring 80,000 new armed IRS agents.  I believe that is still going to be implemented because McCarthy folded.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

@libertybele

Well,I SUPPOSE there may be 80,000 children,grandchildren,neices,or nephews of IRS agents that need gooberment jobs,but have a hard time believing there are that many that want to work for the IRS.

Let's face it,most people consider child molesters to be more socially acceptable than IRS agents.

Online libertybele

@libertybele

Well,I SUPPOSE there may be 80,000 children,grandchildren,neices,or nephews of IRS agents that need gooberment jobs,but have a hard time believing there are that many that want to work for the IRS.

Let's face it,most people consider child molesters to be more socially acceptable than IRS agents.

??? Working for the IRS while heavily armed and playing keystone cop with no boundaries might be attractive to people especially if the pay and perks are right.  Perks from what I can tell is basically you can do what you want.  Who's going to stop you?  The IRS can already seize your property.  These agents will be armed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
20 Armed IRS Agents Raid Gun Store, Seize Purchase Records

10:05 AM – Saturday, June 17, 2023

Armed Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive (ATF) agents raided a gun store in Great Falls, Montana seizing all forms that hold buyer’s information during firearm transactions.

Advertisement

According to the Gateway Pundit, the owner of the Highwood Creek Outfitters, Tom Van Hoose, alleged that he has been under surveillance by federal agents for over two years. On Wednesday, 20 heavily armed IRS agents raided his store seizing all Form 4473s in the store.

The agents had arrived early Wednesday morning as Hoose was opening for the day.

“We have now confirmed that both the IRS and the ATF were at Highwood Creek Outfitters in Great Falls around 7 am this morning. Both the IRS and ATF would not say why they were there,” KMON Radio reported. “A spokeswoman for the IRS would only say they were there on official IRS business. The ATF says it was providing assistance to the IRS. We attempted to enter the store today and were stopped by agents at the door who would only say that the gun store is closed and will reopen tomorrow.”

The owner claims that he was told that his business had been “reported,” however no further details were provided to him. He said that he believed the incident was “politically motivated.”

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/20-armed-irs-agents-raid-gun-store-seize-purchase-records/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
??? Working for the IRS while heavily armed and playing keystone cop with no boundaries might be attractive to people especially if the pay and perks are right.  Perks from what I can tell is basically you can do what you want.  Who's going to stop you?  The IRS can already seize your property.  These agents will be armed.

@libertybele

So are probably 90 percent of the people I know. Even my ex carries a 9mm Ruger,and if there is ONE thing I am absolutely  certain of,it is that a armed woman WILL shoot you until she runs out of bullets if you scare her.

Most times you can get away with talking an armed male into just going away and leaving you alone,but you are SOOOOO shot full of holes if you scare an armed woman.

AND......,there is not a jury in the world that will convict her if the dead attacker is not her husband or former husband.

Online libertybele

@libertybele

So are probably 90 percent of the people I know. Even my ex carries a 9mm Ruger,and if there is ONE thing I am absolutely  certain of,it is that a armed woman WILL shoot you until she runs out of bullets if you scare her.

Most times you can get away with talking an armed male into just going away and leaving you alone,but you are SOOOOO shot full of holes if you scare an armed woman.

AND......,there is not a jury in the world that will convict her if the dead attacker is not her husband or former husband.

They will come silently into the night and start extracting people -- those who resists will face a battle.  Just my opinion here.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Lots of opprobrium and raised hairs in this thread.

So... I'm gonna ask the question again:
Is it time yet for that new "Heartland Continental Congress"??

If not... what's it going to take...?

Offline Smokin Joe

BATF is no longer under Treasury, but the DOJ. While BATF can check the records and the store's books for record keeping compliance any time they choose, The IRS has no connection to firearms whatsoever, so the glaring question, if this was an IRS operation is WTF the IRS is doing seizing (not examining, but seizing) forms 4473 from the dealership?

I am having serious trouble trying to see how this is a matter of IRS jurisdiction, and how they have ANY authority to do this, or what statute gives that authority.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Anna Paulina Luna
@VoteAPL
Remember those 87,000 IRS Agents?
Remember how their funding (for a majority of them) was NOT cut in the debt deal?
Looks like they’re quickly getting to work.
3:12 PM · Jun 17, 2023

M J Brunson
@MeJuBrun
“We have now confirmed that both the IRS and the ATF were at Highwood Creek Outfitters in Great Falls around 7 am this morning. Both the IRS and ATF would not say why they were there,” KMON Radio reported.
“A spokeswoman for the IRS would only say they were there on official IRS business. The ATF says it was providing assistance to the IRS. We attempted to enter the store today and were stopped by agents at the door who would only say that the gun store is closed and will reopen tomorrow,” the news outlet added.
6:51 PM · Jun 17, 2023

Truth seekers
@WSSMomma
🚨 There's more to this story that will be out shortly.
This store and the owner have been under investigation for some time by the ATF and the FBI due to someone reporting suspicious activity. IRS is also investigating . The armed agents were FBI and ATF.
8:27 AM · Jun 18, 2023

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Armed IRS Agents Shut Down Montana Gun Store in a 'Soviet-style Intimidation' Raid
Matt Vespa
3–4 minutes

You’re not imagining this, folks. Armed federal agents are being weaponized to go after the Democrats’ political enemies, including industries they find disreputable. The liberal media’s echo chamber will work overtime to drown out these stories. They attempted to gaslight us on gas stoves. However, that pales compared to the Russian collusion hoax and how the Department of Justice has become the Democratic National Committee’s Stasi force.

The FBI is out of control, engaging in censorship schemes with social media companies, procuring illegal wiretap warrants, and seems hell-bent on protecting the Biden family even after their sources have compiled incriminating evidence of corruption. So, it’s not far-fetched to hear federal agents raided a Montana gun store, shut it down, and seized sensitive documents about private citizens (via The Blaze):

Rep. Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.) is demanding answers after he says a group of armed IRS agents raided and temporarily closed a Montana gun shop in Great Falls Wednesday.

"This event is another example of President Biden weaponizing federal agencies to target and harass hardworking Americans for exercising their constitutional rights," Rosendale said in a letter to leaders of the Internal Revenue Service and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Twenty heavily armed federal agents pulled in behind Highwood Creek Outfitters' owner Tom Van Hoose as he arrived at his shop Wednesday morning, KRTV reported.

IRS agents confiscated background check forms from the store that contained sensitive personal information about all customers who ever purchased a gun at the shop. The forms do not include financial information, Rosendale said, calling the act an "egregious breach of privacy" that "showed no regard for federal law."

"There is no circumstance in which 4473s would be necessary in an investigation spearheaded by the IRS," Rosendale said in a letter addressed to ATF Director Steven Dettelbach and IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/06/17/it-begins-armed-irs-agents-swarm-colorado-gun-shop-n2624634
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
BATF is no longer under Treasury, but the DOJ. While BATF can check the records and the store's books for record keeping compliance any time they choose, The IRS has no connection to firearms whatsoever, so the glaring question, if this was an IRS operation is WTF the IRS is doing seizing (not examining, but seizing) forms 4473 from the dealership?

I am having serious trouble trying to see how this is a matter of IRS jurisdiction, and how they have ANY authority to do this, or what statute gives that authority.

@Smokin Joe

As EVERY tyrant in history has proven,"Might makes right".

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Jun 19, 2023
Montana gun owner raided by IRS, ATF in 'pattern of intimidation and harassment': report
"The IRS committed an egregious breach of privacy for Montana’s gun owners."

Sara Higdon
Jun 19, 2023

The Highwood Creek Outfitters gun shop in Great Falls, Montana, re-opened for business after being raided by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) on Wednesday.

In a letter to IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel and ATF Director Steven M. Dettelbach, Rep. Mathew M. Rosendale Sr. (R-MT) claimed, "This event is another example of President Biden weaponizing federal agencies to target and harass hard-working Americans for exercising their constitutional rights."

"While we wait to hear more details and the rationale behind this raid, given the positions of the Biden Administration this raid appears to be an attempt to intimidate firearms dealers and owners," the letter read. "A pattern of intimidation and harassment seems to be emerging under Director Dettelbach’s leadership of the ATF."

https://thepostmillennial.com/montana-gun-owner-raided-by-irs-atf-in-pattern-of-intimidation-and-harassment-report
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

"The IRS committed an egregious breach of privacy for Montana’s gun owners," Resendale Jr. continued. "Although there are still some murky details regarding the events at Highwood Creek Outfitters. There is no circumstance in which 4473’s would be necessary in an investigation spearheaded by the IRS."

I made this point on another thread.

BATFE is under the DOJ, not Treasury, so WTF is the IRS doing with the 4473s?

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Haven't these Government dimwits heard of Ruby Ridge?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I made this point on another thread.

BATFE is under the DOJ, not Treasury, so WTF is the IRS doing with the 4473s?

It's been explained...

80,000 new IRS agents to handle the coming/planned REPEAL OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

"First, they came for the @roamer_1 's, but because I wasn't a Mountain Man,...didn't say anything".

:laugh:

Guessing that all yours are not recorded anywhere...and you probably make your own ammunition.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

It's been explained...

80,000 new IRS agents to handle the coming/planned REPEAL OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

"First, they came for the @roamer_1 's, but because I wasn't a Mountain Man,...didn't say anything".

:laugh:

Guessing that all yours are not recorded anywhere...and you probably make your own ammunition.   :patriot:

Hey don't look at me @DCPatriot ,,, I'm a law abiding guy... Kinda... Most of the time...

Three of mine are bought over the counter. On purpose. And I will surrender them if they come after em... All that does is give me notice. An early warning system. Cheap insurance.

But unlike my fellows, many of whom have walk-in gun rooms lined with arms and ammo, I concentrated on replication and caching. I'm a 'distributed' kinda guy, in all things.

Didn't really do it for purposes of subterfuge... It had more to do with staging. I spent a lot of time in the deep woods, and if things go sour in the bush, you die... So it's just good sense to have stored supplies where you might need to get at em.

So at each cache site there is a full set of the things I might need in any weather, to include armament.

It just turns out that if I walk out my back door and up the mountain, one of those caches is two days hard march away, right at the head of a valley that stretches into the road-less wilderness. All I need is to leave with my go-bag and get there to be smoothin it. Funny how that works out.

And I ain't the only dumb hillbilly to think that way... I guarantee.  happy77

Of course having to push a buggy around everywhere I go, tied to a catheter, and hardly being able to go 100 ft at a time might pose a bit of trouble in that scenario presently...  :shrug:

Man plans and God laughs   :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 06:42:00 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

Great Falls is a big city around these parts. This ain't a 'Ruby Ridge' sorta thing.

Online roamer_1

And 80,000 ain't no where near enough... Not to go up in the holler... ANY holler.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And I ain't the only dumb hillbilly to think that way... I guarantee.  happy77

Having one side of the family that came up a little shadier than the general population, that is definitely SOP. Never just have one moonshine still.  :smokin:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 07:46:09 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline MOD3