Author Topic: Smaller fists of fury, not monsters of the past, more likely with hurricanes  (Read 173 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Smaller fists of fury, not monsters of the past, more likely with hurricanes
By Joe Bastardi |June 16th, 2023|9 Comments
Unlike the 1930s through 1950s, when longer tracked storms would hit the US near their peaks, not since Hugo in 1989 has a storm that was a major for 3 days or more out, reached the coast at peak intensity.

The list is amazing.

Let’s start with Opal 1995.

Georges had been a 4/5. made landfall as a 2/3.

Floyd weakened to a 2 from a 4.

Lily was a generous 2 from a 4 after having been called 12 hours before the worst hurricane ever to hit Louisiana.

Remember. we are saying more than 3 days out.

Ivan was off its peak.

Katrina Wilma, Rita, and Ike were all stronger 3 days out.

Irene fell apart ( it was referred to as the face of global warming when it was a 4).

Matthew and Florence, when coming from more than 3 days out, they weaken.  ( Florence was speculated on as becoming a 6 instead, it reached the coast barely as a 2).

https://www.cfact.org/2023/06/16/smaller-fists-of-fury-not-monsters-of-the-past-more-likely-with-hurricanes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson