Author Topic: South Dakota Farmers Face Carbon-capture Land Theft  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
South Dakota Farmers Face Carbon-capture Land Theft
« on: June 17, 2023, 11:45:25 am »
 by Rebecca Terrell June 1, 2023

Article audio sponsored by The John Birch Society

Farmers in South Dakota are facing egregious intimidation tactics by a private company that wants to use eminent domain to confiscate valuable farmland for carbon-capture pipelines.

Summit Carbon Solutions requested a restraining order against Brown County farmer Jerad Bossly.

The company claims he threatened the lives of its representatives who showed up unannounced to survey his property, a farm that has been in his family for four generations. 

He told The New American that when they arrived, he was about 12 miles away, working in a field. His wife was home, recovering from gallbladder surgery, and was taking a shower when the Summit surveyors knocked at her door. They entered the house, but finding no one there, they proceeded to an outbuilding where one of them walked in. In the tweet below you can see footage from one of Bossly’s security cameras, which captured all of this movement.

https://thenewamerican.com/south-dakota-farmers-face-carbon-capture-land-theft/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson