Author Topic: Global Wind Day, Environmental Nightmare  (Read 143 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Global Wind Day, Environmental Nightmare
« on: June 17, 2023, 11:39:19 am »
Global Wind Day, Environmental Nightmare
By Steve Milloy
June 16, 2023

June 15 was Global Wind Day. Its European industry sponsors hope to promote the “power and possibilities” of wind turbines. But beware the Ides of June.

Wind turbines have been sold to us as a means of reducing emissions, global warming and climate change. Although there are a lot of wind turbines installed around the world with many more seemingly to come, they have not reduced emissions, warming or climate change. And they offer no chance to do so, even if those things were desirable.

Coming eight days short of the 35th anniversary of James Hansen’s Senate testimony that sent the world into global warming panic, it’s clear to anyone who cares to look that emissions have nothing to do with recent warming.

Warming since 1980, has been driven by a series of El Niño events that have nothing to do with emissions. Since the last El Niño struck in 2015, the average global temperature has actually cooled slightly despite about 500 billion tons of emissions, which represent a 17 percent increase in industrial era atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2).

https://www.realclearenergy.org/articles/2023/06/16/global_wind_day_environmental_nightmare_941202.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson