Author Topic: Pioneering electric plane shelved as batteries only last a few hundred flights  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pioneering electric plane shelved as batteries only last a few hundred flights
Story by Howard Mustoe • Thursday

Apioneering electric plane developer has shelved development of its new craft after discovering that its batteries will only last a few hundred flights before they need to be replaced.

Italy’s Tecnam said it will stop making the P-volt aircraft since it cannot now hit a target of delivering the plane by 2026.

The speed at which the batteries would lose charge would erode the nine-passenger craft’s value, ruining its commercial prospects, it added.

The company will now wait for battery capacity and weight improvements which will allow the propeller-driven plane to be developed successfully at a later date.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/pioneering-electric-plane-shelved-as-batteries-only-last-a-few-hundred-flights/ar-AA1cAAkc#:~:text=A%20pioneering%20electric%20plane%20developer%20has%20shelved%20development,a%20target%20of%20delivering%20the%20plane%20by%202026.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson