Author Topic: Due to Schedule Impasse, RFK Jr. Appears Poised to Win New Hampshire Primary  (Read 484 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Alice Giordano
June 16, 2023Updated: June 16, 2023

In what some Republican leaders are calling a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face, President Joe Biden could lose his own party nomination to Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in New Hampshire’s historically important primary in the race for the presidency.

Biden’s successful push to re-calendar New Hampshire’s long-standing First in the Nation primary, making it second to South Carolina, means the president’s name will likely not appear on the state’s Democrat primary ballot.

Both Republican and Democrat leaders in New Hampshire have meanwhile vowed not to yield to the schedule change and have cited a state law that prohibits the move anyway.

That leaves RFK Jr. and Marianne Willamson to take the state’s Democrat nomination. Biden’s recent vow not to campaign in the Granite State increases the already high likelihood that Biden’s name won’t be on the ballot.

more
https://www.theepochtimes.com/due-to-schedule-impasse-rfk-jr-appears-poised-to-win-new-hampshire-primary_5337108.html?utm_source=News&src_src=News&utm_campaign=breaking-2023-06-16-2&src_cmp=breaking-2023-06-16-2&utm_medium=email
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Salient point. Parties have power over caucuses and conventions, but not over primaries. Those are set by state law and states are sovereign over primary elections even more so than the general.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GrouchoTex

Interesting.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Joe's trying to fix the 2024 Dem Primary just like Hillary tried in 2016.  Joe is trying to shortcircuit any whippersnapper punk challenegers from stealing his Primary thunder.

It was Hillary Clinton's loss to Obama in the Iowa Caucuses that derailed her 2008 attempt to get Dem nomination. 

To avoid a repeat of the 2008 Dem Primary, Hillary made damn sure the 2016 Dem Primary was rigged in her favor.  The result - the Dems nominated the Dem whom Trump could most easily defeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h3G-lMZxjo
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Salient point. Parties have power over caucuses and conventions, but not over primaries. Those are set by state law and states are sovereign over primary elections even more so than the general.

And just recalled that South Carolina is also a primary. Wonder how that's going to work as well.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

You clearly don't understand how fascism works.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The parties don't have to recognize them, though, nor seat the delegates assigned.

That will likely be the cop-out the Democrats use.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
The parties don't have to recognize them, though, nor seat the delegates assigned.

That will likely be the cop-out the Democrats use.

Agree, but the state is likely to win in court.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Agree, but the state is likely to win in court.

I wouldn't bet on it.  I don't think a state can (or should) tell a national political party who it must accept as delegates.  The state likely can say "these are the delegates from this state", but if the National Committee says "that's nice, but we don't recognize their right to vote in our national convention, my guess is the DNC wins.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I wouldn't bet on it.  I don't think a state can (or should) tell a national political party who it must accept as delegates.  The state likely can say "these are the delegates from this state", but if the National Committee says "that's nice, but we don't recognize their right to vote in our national convention, my guess is the DNC wins.

True, but the state could refuse recognize their choice and not put them on the ballot in the general.

That gray area could be a very interesting court case.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Don't forget the Dems have designated "Super Delegates".

This mechanism was created by the Dem Establishent after the Dem electorate selected libs, Mondale and Dukakis, in the '84 and '88 primaries, only for Dems to get blown out in those General Presidential Elections.

It was "Super Delegates" that helped bring Dem Centrist, BIll Clinton, to power at the Dem 1992 Convention.

The Clintons leaned on "Super Delegates" in 2008 and 2016 Dem Primaries to help put Hillary at the top of those Dem Presidential Tickets.

////00000////

But, those cow-pie tossers in the 2008 Iowa Dem Caucuses had the audacity to give the win to Obama over Hillary.  Imagine that.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.