Author Topic: Adam Schiff not out of the woodshed yet: GOP will move again to condemn his 'false accusations'  (Read 574 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 16, 2023 9:23am EDT
Adam Schiff not out of the woodshed yet: GOP will move again to condemn his 'false accusations'
20 Republicans voted against a resolution censuring Schiff this week

By Peter Kasperowicz , Jacqui Heinrich | Fox News

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna, R-Fla., said Thursday that Republicans will try again to censure Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., for making "false accusations" against former President Donald Trump, after the House voted down a censure resolution against Schiff on Wednesday.

In that vote, 20 Republicans rejected Luna’s censure resolution, in part because it recommended a $16 million fine against Schiff for telling "lies" about collusion between Trump and Russia, something that several investigations were never able to prove. Luna says that number is roughly half the cost of investigating Trump, probes that were never able to show collusion.

One lawmaker, Rep. Tom Massie, R-Ky., said the inclusion of language about fining Schiff violates the Constitution. Because Massie and several other Republicans opposed that language, the House voted 225-196 to set the censure resolution aside.

But Luna said Thursday that she reached an agreement with those 20 Republicans on new censure language and said the House is expected to vote on it soon.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/adam-schiff-hasnt-escaped-censure-gop-try-again-condemn-false-accusations

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Kudos to Rep. Luna for staying on this. Let's hope there can be a reasonable agreement and ding this joker.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Kudos also to Massie for trying to comply with the Constitution above all else. Get Schiffty, but make it stick.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Kudos also to Massie for trying to comply with the Constitution above all else. Get Schiffty, but make it stick.

Exactly

A lot of people are pissed at Massie...but he understands the unconstitutionality of what some on the right are demanding...not o mention it sets a bad precedent going forward.

Pencil Neck will have his day of reckoning...but it needs to be done by the book.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
How swampy are the MAGA influencers who are attacking me this week?  Even after Trump called to throw me out of the GOP, I stumped for Trump in Oct 2020.
They blurred out Trump’s name from the banner behind me to make it look like I was there for McConnell, instead of Trump:

1:25 PM · Jun 19, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Stee....Rike  One !!"

(do I have to spell out what's coming next...?)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Pencil Neck and the rest of the Leftist cabal are throwing tantrums over his censure.

It's glorious!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

Indeed.  :yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This is all just red meat for the faithful. It amounts to nothing, except it makes Schiff a martyr and gives him even more "street cred" in Democrat circles. The Republicans in congress are anointing Schiff the next senator from California.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is all just red meat for the faithful. It amounts to nothing, except it makes Schiff a martyr and gives him even more "street cred" in Democrat circles. The Republicans in congress are anointing Schiff the next senator from California.

Yep! As we Texans are fond of saying, "All hat and no cattle!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien