Author Topic: China developing ‘science fiction’ super warship, report claims  (Read 552 times)

Offline Kamaji

China developing ‘science fiction’ super warship, report claims

By Peter Aitken, Fox News
June 16, 2023

China has revealed plans to develop a futuristic warship that would include breakthrough technologies that would bring “science fiction to the real world,” according to a report.

The ship will utilize nuclear energy to power electromagnetic weapons, an official claimed

“It will completely overturn the combat formation of naval fleets that has been in place for over a hundred years,” People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy Rear Adm. Ma Weiming said in a peer-reviewed paper, the South Morning China Post reported.

The Chinese supership would look to adopt new technology such as rail guns, rocket launchers, laser weapons and high-powered microwaves. The technology would “cleverly and effectively transform the energy from the ship’s power source – nuclear energy – into the electromagnetic energy needed to power” the weapons, Ma wrote.

The admiral argued that these different capabilities would turn a single ship into an “all-purpose” platform that can perform “the traditional tasks of a fleet of conventional ships.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/16/china-making-science-fiction-super-warship-report-claims-big-step-forward/

Offline Kamaji

Re: China developing ‘science fiction’ super warship, report claims
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 09:01:11 pm »
As far as rail guns go, the U.S. navy has already tested that out, and the demands on a ship's power supplies to run those things makes the idea infeasible.

However, the Chinese are welcome to go down that path if they want to.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 09:14:12 pm »
The Chi-coms don't have to take environmental and personal safety into account.  They don't have to play by our rules.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 03:29:03 pm »
The Chi-coms don't have to take environmental and personal safety into account.  They don't have to play by our rules.

The Chi-coms will take a lot of shortcuts so it will be dangerous, have no personal safety of course, won't be environmentally friendly, and it will probably blow up after the first trial.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org