Author Topic: ‘The Great Grift’: New AP investigation reveals stunning scope of COVID fraud  (Read 145 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘The Great Grift’: New AP investigation reveals stunning scope of COVID fraud
The feds wasted or lost more COVID money than they actually spent on COVID-related healthcare expenses.

Brad Polumbo
June 12, 2023
We’re still living with the crushing inflation worsened by the federal government’s overzealous pandemic-era “stimulus” spending. But that costly burden is made all the more maddening by the revelations that show just how much of that federal spending was actually captured by fraud and waste. A new Associated Press investigation lays bare the shocking extent of COVID fraud, labeling it “The Great Grift.”

Remember, first under the Trump administration and then again after Biden took office, the feds shoveled trillions in “stimulus” spending out the door in hopes of offsetting the economic carnage that government lockdowns on the economy had wrought. All told, they’ve dispersed $4.2 trillion in emergency aid, a jaw-dropping amount that, adjusted for inflation, is more expensive than FDR’s New Deal. And, in typical government fashion, these unprecedented sums were shoveled out the door with little care or regard.

“Fraudsters used the Social Security numbers of dead people and federal prisoners to get unemployment checks,” the AP explains. “Cheaters collected those benefits in multiple states. And federal loan applicants weren’t cross-checked against a Treasury Department database that would have raised red flags about sketchy borrowers. All of it led to the greatest grift in U.S. history, with thieves plundering billions of dollars in federal COVID-19 relief aid intended to combat the worst pandemic in a century and to stabilize an economy in free fall.”

https://www.based-politics.com/2023/06/12/the-great-grift-new-ap-investigation-reveals-stunning-scope-of-covid-fraud/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson