Author Topic: Judge orders Trump lawyers to seek security clearances  (Read 368 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge orders Trump lawyers to seek security clearances
« on: June 16, 2023, 01:58:21 pm »
Judge orders Trump lawyers to seek security clearances

Defense attorneys commonly receive security clearances in criminal cases involving classified documents.

By Kyle Cheney

06/15/2023 03:03 PM EDT

U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon took one of her first substantive steps Thursday in Donald Trump’s prosecution for amassing military secrets at his Mar-a-Lago estate.

In a brief order, Cannon required all attorneys in the case — for Trump as well as his longtime valet, Walt Nauta, who is charged alongside him as an alleged co-conspirator — to contact the Justice Department about obtaining security clearances. The same instructions apply to any “forthcoming” attorneys, the judge said.

It is common in criminal cases involving classified documents for defense attorneys to obtain security clearances.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/15/trump-documents-case-security-clearance-cannon-00102241
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Judge orders Trump lawyers to seek security clearances
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 02:06:25 pm »
What happens if one or more of his lawyers is denied a security clearance?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Judge orders Trump lawyers to seek security clearances
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 03:00:11 pm »
Attorney's could probably hire a "subject matter expert" that already has Security Clearance to be a member of the legal team.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.