Author Topic: Feds take down alleged tri-state, family-based migrant smuggling ring  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Feds take down alleged tri-state, family-based migrant smuggling ring
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 / 06:39 PM CDT

Updated: Jun 15, 2023 / 06:50 PM CDT

'Uncle Roni' and 'Tia Rosa' allegedly led gang that brought migrants into the U.S., transported them to their destination of choice

LAS CRUCES, New Mexico (Border Report) – Federal authorities believe they’ve broken a family-based crime ring that brought in, housed and transported undocumented migrants to the interior of the United States.

Six alleged members of the so-called Lopez Crime Family are in federal custody and four more remain at large in connection with a May 24 federal indictment filed in U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico.

The indictment charges Ronaldo Galindo Lopez Escobar, a.k.a. “Tio Roni” (Uncle Ron), with organizing and leading a transnational criminal organization with associates in Guatemala, Mexico and the United States.

It also charges Rosa Adriana Lopez Escobar, a.k.a. “Tia Rosa” (Auntie Rosa), with overseeing a network of mid-level smugglers who recruited foot guides, drivers and caretakers for the unauthorized migrants.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/feds-take-down-alleged-family-based-migrant-smuggling-ring-operating-in-three-states/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson