Author Topic: Property Tax Relief Starts with Removing Illegal Aliens from the Housing Market  (Read 319 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Konner Earnest June 12, 2023

Recent discussions spearheaded by Senator JD Vance (R-Ohio) brought attention to the strain that immigration places on the U.S. housing market and the burden it places on American citizens.

Amidst the ongoing property tax discussions in the first special session of the 88th Texas Legislature, a notable disregard has emerged for one of the most influential factors contributing to the surge in property taxes and housing costs: immigration. The current debates predominantly revolve around property taxes, thereby neglecting the potential impact of addressing illegal immigration in relation to the reduction of property taxes.

In order to effectively address the pressing issue of escalating property tax bills, it is imperative for Texas to confront a frequently overlooked problem: the exploitation of Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) loans. Within the housing sector, special interests prioritize financial gain at the expense of Texans by circumventing the requirement of a social security number for loan approval. The practice of granting ITIN loans to illegal aliens not only undermines the integrity of our markets but also poses a threat to U.S. citizenship and the hard-working Texans who dutifully fulfill their mortgage obligations while bearing the burden of Texas’ exorbitant property taxes.

By turning a blind eye to the detrimental impact of ITIN loan abuse, an unfair system persists that prioritizes profit over the well-being of law-abiding Texans. The granting of ITIN loans to illegal aliens distorts the market, needlessly exacerbating housing costs therefore perpetuating an unsustainable cycle of escalating property taxes.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/commentary/property-tax-relief-starts-with-removing-illegal-aliens-from-the-housing-market/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Not.
Gonna.
Happen.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
An Alien Haven in Southeast Texas?

A politically connected real estate firm seems to be tied to a local boom of undocumented immigrants.

About 50 miles northeast of Houston is headquartered a land development company called Colony Ridge. According to the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office, Colony Ridge has about 22,000 residents, and evidence suggests it serves as a sort of landing ground for people who have entered the country illegally...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 10:07:26 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien