Author Topic: J Train stabber Jordan Williams released without bail after arraignment  (Read 180 times)

Offline Kamaji

J Train stabber Jordan Williams released without bail after arraignment

By Georgett Roberts and Steve Janoski
June 15, 2023

The man accused of fatally stabbing an ex-con who punched his girlfriend on a J train this week was released without bail Thursday after his arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court.

Assistant District Attorney David Ingle had asked Judge Sherveal Mimes to impose $100,000 cash bail on Jordan Williams, the 20-year-old from Hollis, Queens, who allegedly knifed Devictor Ouedraogo on Tuesday during a subway struggle.

But Mimes refused, instead electing to cut Williams loose.

“I really do not believe that you pose a flight risk – I just don’t,” Mimes told Williams. “I think that your whole life is ahead of you. I think that you have every reason to fight this case with the support of your family.”

Jason Goldman, Williams’ attorney, said in court that his client works at FedEx to help pay the family bills and has never been in legal trouble.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/15/j-train-stabber-jordan-williams-released-without-bail-after-arraignment/

Offline mountaineer

I hope this young man is not convicted of anything.
From the NY Post story:
... Williams told the man to get away from them, but Ouedraogo kept harassing his girlfriend. So Williams pushed him away and told him not to come closer.

During the clash, Ouedraogo also punched Williams’ girlfriend in the face, according to Goldman and police sources.

“The deceased took one step to the defendant, and punched the defendant one or two times,” Ingle said. “He removed a folding knife and stabbed the deceased in the chest. The deceased got off the train at Marcy Ave and collapsed on the platform.”  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How much was the Marines Bail again?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.