Author Topic: Army to Field Roving Battery Packs in Bid to Trim Fossil-Fuel Use  (Read 156 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army to Field Roving Battery Packs in Bid to Trim Fossil-Fuel Use

Green initiatives include testing wheeled, multi-ton battery packs and building energy microgrids at Army installations world-wide by 2035.
SAM SKOVE | JUNE 15, 2023 02:07 PM ET
ARMY TECHNOLOGY

The Army’s 25th Infantry Division will run field tests of a multi-ton wheeled battery pack—one that can tote a machine gun—sometime after early 2025, as part of the service’s sweeping plans to reduce its reliance on fossil fuels.

The unit will get several of Plasan’s ATeMM mobile battery packs by December or January, said Paul Farnan, principal deputy assistant Army secretary for installations, energy, and the environment. The 25th Infantry Division specifically requested the packs to reduce fuel consumption, and it will be the first Army unit to field them for tests.

The ATeMM system is a wheeled, multi-ton diesel-charged battery pack that stores 47kWh—well over the 30kWh the average U.S.home uses in a day. It can be controlled with a remote or attached to another vehicle. Some models advertised by Plasan are also armed with machine guns.

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2023/06/army-field-multi-ton-roving-battery-packs-it-moves-cut-reliance-fossil-fuel/387575/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Army to Field Roving Battery Packs in Bid to Trim Fossil-Fuel Use
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 11:24:43 am »
:facepalm2: