Author Topic: Limits to Wind and Solar on the Grid: A Discussion  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Limits to Wind and Solar on the Grid: A Discussion
« on: June 16, 2023, 10:28:30 am »
Limits to Wind and Solar on the Grid: A Discussion
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- June 14, 2023
“While solar and wind receive huge subsidies, the end user pays for the party.”

“The dream of a solar and wind grid is collapsing very quickly as they are only profitable in a low penetration context.”

The following LinkedIN discussion is notable for its insight and reader reaction–and timely with summer concerns about grid reliability, given the wind/solar penetration at the expense of reliables.

Oscar L. Martin teed things off with this post:

Early adopters of solar and wind such as Texas or California are starting to see alarming signs of saturation even when the total energy production of intermittent sources barely reaches 24% of the total in those areas. Basically the dream of solar and wind is collapsing very quickly as they are only profitable in a low penetration context.

https://www.masterresource.org/reliability-issues-power-electricity-policy/limits-wind-solar-oscar/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson