Author Topic: Gas Station Bans Next on Climate Agenda: Colorado city BANS new gas stations due to ‘obligation’ to  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gas Station Bans Next on Climate Agenda: Colorado city BANS new gas stations due to ‘obligation’ to tackle ‘climate change’ – Follows California cities

City council members will cap its 21,000 residents to just six stations - One legislator who voted said they felt an 'obligation' to fight global warming

'We have an obligation to take every step possible to address the changes to our climate that are ravaging our planet and directly impacting the health, well-being and livelihoods of the constituents we represent in Louisville,' council member Maxine Most said. ... The suburb, around 20 miles outside of Denver, currently has five gas stations, and although a sixth was recently approved for development, the resolution could make that facility its last.

'We should be taking whatever incremental steps to not create additional fossil fuel infrastructure,' said the councilmember, who also serves on the city's Economic Vitality Committee. Most added: "I understand that there are negative consequences for certain parties when we make these sorts of decisions. But I personally believe we are well past the point where we have that luxury. If we’re really committed to sustainability and we really recognize there’s a climate crisis, that means every time we have the choice to do something about it, we need to do something about it.”

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/03/22/colorado-city-bans-new-gas-stations-due-to-obligation-to-tackle-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson