Author Topic: NatGeo Says Climate Change Is ‘Greatest Threat’ As It Jets Billionaires To Far-Flung Locales  (Read 143 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY COLLIN ANDERSON ON JUN 13, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

NatGeo Says Climate Change Is ‘Greatest Threat’ As It Jets Billionaires To Far-Flung Locales

National Geographic says climate change is “the greatest threat to human health,” but it’s not so grave that it prevents them from jetting the elite to what the magazine describes as some of the world’s “far-flung destinations” on a massive private jet.

National Geographic raises funds by flying deep-pocketed travelers around the world on its “specially outfitted” Boeing 757 jet, which features “comfortable VIP-style leather seating,” “plush, sleek interior design,” a private chef, and a “dedicated luggage handler.” [emphasis, links added]

The trips, most of which cost roughly $100,000, allow millionaires and billionaires to “fly in exceptional comfort” as they visit “far-flung destinations” and encounter “legendary wildlife”—including the same coral reefs that National Geographic says in its pages are dying.

Travelers on one of the 24-day “expeditions” fly nearly 30,000 miles.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/natgeo-says-climate-change-is-greatest-threat-as-it-jets-billionaires-to-far-flung-locales/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson