Author Topic: Americans have lowest support for Black Lives Matter since death of George Floyd, poll finds  (Read 386 times)

Offline libertybele

Polls are polls, but I would like to think that the BLM uprising has calmed.

Americans have lowest support for Black Lives Matter since death of George Floyd, poll finds

A new poll found that Americans have the lowest opinion of the Black Lives Matter movement since the death of George Floyd, one of the flash points of the BLM agenda.

The poll from the Pew Research Center found that a majority of Americans still support BLM, but that percentage has dropped to its lowest point of 51% in the last three years.

Support for BLM was at its highest in the same poll in June 2020 when two-thirds of Americans said they supported the movement, and only 31% said they opposed it.

46% of Americans opposed the movement in the latest poll, the highest percentage of opposition in the last three years.

Critics of the Black Lives Matter movement have also hammered its supporters with a series of controversies and damaging revelations involving the leaders of the group.

In May 2021, activist Patrisse Cullors resigned from the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation after concerns about her spending millions of dollars on high-end properties in California. Cullors, a self-identified Marxist, responded to criticism by blaming "right-wing attacks" trying to taint her character. ...........

https://www.theblaze.com/news/poll-blm-lowest-george-floyd
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

51% is still about 50% too high. I'm allowing for grifters, thieves, liars, lunatics, and simply outright disgusting people.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Even after the founders scammed the 'movement' for millions?

Stupid people.

The whole premise was a lie.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis