Author Topic: Obama, Tim Scott trade barbs over race in America  (Read 295 times)

Offline libertybele

Obama, Tim Scott trade barbs over race in America
« on: June 16, 2023, 12:33:28 am »
...hmmmm Bammy is going up against Scott.  I think that the leftists are beginning to realize that Scott is a threat!!

Obama, Tim Scott trade barbs over race in America

Former President Barack Obama and presidential hopeful Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., criticized one another's handling of race this week, with Obama claiming Republican talk of American unity falls flat.

Democratic strategist David Axelrod interviewed Obama for CNN on Thursday and asked the former president what he thought of Scott's discussions of race. Scott, meanwhile, argued that Obama missed an opportunity to bring the country together following his 2008 and 2012 elections.

"I think there's a long history of African-American or other minority candidates within the Republican Party who will validate America and say, ‘Everything’s great, and we can make it.' Nikki Haley I think has a similar approach," Obama told Axelrod when asked about Scott. "I'm not being cynical about Tim Scott individually, but I am maybe suggesting the rhetoric of ‘Can’t we all get along'… That has to be undergirded with an honest accounting of our past and our present."..............

................"When it comes to race, don't you think Barack Obama missed a massive opportunity to pull the country together? To get people to accept each other for who they are instead of building into this group-ism?" Levin asked.

"Mark, he missed a softball moving at slow speed with a big bat," Scott responded. "You can't miss this opportunity. America was hungry for bringing our country together, this coalition building where you can see Black kids and White kids and red ones and brown ones, as MLK [Martin Luther King, Jr.] spoke about, joining hands and singing with new meaning, ‘My country ‘tis of thee.’".............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-tim-scott-trade-barbs-race-america
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama, Tim Scott trade barbs over race in America
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 01:04:22 am »
Not every black man is a magic negro like Barry Hussein, so he has that going for him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 01:05:03 am »
Not every black man is a magic negro like Barry Hussein, so he has that going for him.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 09:19:55 am »

Rush Nail it!..  Perfectly fit Bathhouse Barry to a tee!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.