Author Topic: ‘Self-declared sanctuary city’ LA receives first busloads of migrants from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Self-declared sanctuary city’ LA receives first busloads of migrants from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott
By Marjorie Hernandez and David Propper
June 14, 2023 11:02pm  Updated

These were the first busloads to arrive in LA.
These were the first busloads to arrive in LA.
FOX 11 Los Angeles/Twitter
MORE ON:
MIGRANTS
Greece finds no more survivors after sinking of migrant boat, hundreds still feared missing
Gov. Kathy Hochul blasted for NY migrant crisis response: ‘There has been zero leadership’
Letting migrants into US was ‘only agenda’ of DHS when Biden-appointed head took office: ex-Border Patrol chief
Sewell’s abrupt resignation only latest political storm for Adams as NYC struggles with migrant, housing crises
The first busloads of migrants arrived in Los Angeles from Texas Wednesday in what Mayor Karen Bass called a “despicable stunt” by Lone Star State Gov. Greg Abbott.

About 40 migrants that appeared to be families from Latin America and Haiti were seen getting off two buses as they headed to St. Anthony’s Croatian Church, Fox 11 reported. 

Abbott, in a statement, insisted Texas officials were sending migrants where they want to go, noting Los Angeles is a “self-declared sanctuary city.”

It’s the latest major metro area in the US to take in migrants from Texas, with New York, Chicago and Washington, DC, also accepting tens of thousands of people over the past year.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/14/la-receives-first-busloads-of-migrants-from-texas-gov-greg-abbott/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 05:02:58 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
And the "self-proclaimed sanctuary city" doesn't like it, not one little bit. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So Sanctuary Cities are limousine liberal bastions of hypocrisy that want other cities to assume the costs of their feigned largesse for illegal immigrants?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Sanctuary cities need to be shutdown.  Simply redistributing where ILLEGALS are dumped is ridiculous and not resolving the problem.

BUILD THE WALL AND DEPORT THEM ALL!!!!

Line the border with troops who have the ability and have been authoritzed to fire upon ILLEGALS who come across.  ILLEGALS should be considered enemies of our Republic.

Building a wall and protecting our border is the only way that this is going to stop.

Redistribution of ILLEGALS will only eventually give them the ability to vote down the road.

Be prepared for amnesty to be granted before the '24 election just in time for them to vote.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.